Former Wall Street Employees Forced to Accept Low-Wage Work

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by hoffmanw, Jun 3, 2009.

1. toc

toc

I had a gal leave me once because I would not change my old car............friends you see, got to impress them.

I heard when the bitch had to move, none of her 'impressive' friends showed up, and she spent up $400 on the movers and paid for it by the credit cards.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

#31     Jun 3, 2009
  2. I know we all live a bit beyond our means thanks to the wonderful world of credit but there has to be some boundaries and common sense.

I remember chatting with some of the cleaning staff in one of the buildings I use to work out and they were all latin who came here to work, send money home. The three guys each had a pretty nice SUV and fancy cell phone. The woman took the bus to work every day and did not own a cell phone, used calling cards to call home as often as she could.

Having a latin wife, her take was that there is this male ego thing that no matter how little you make you always have to show off like you are living like a king even if we all know you are on a janitor's salary. Showing off with money and scrambling to send money home and complaining there is not enough money. The women, coudl care less about what others think, but only cares about taking care of their family first and sacrifice their own personal things (i.e. no car or cheap one, no fancy cell phone, etc..).

Now I am using this as an example. It is not a Latin or immigrant thing, I tend to think it is a man v. woman thing. I have not heard too many stories about the female trader making 200k and blowing it on frivilous shit and then suddenly facing reality in an overpriced home that is not worth what they paid for it and the nicest cars while the family is now suffering. Maybe those stories are out there but always hear about the guy who has to play the dick swinging contest with money instead of being smart.

#32     Jun 3, 2009