former Tuco traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ab443, Apr 7, 2008.

1. jazzsax

jazzsax

It's not only what he did, but WHO he did...

:)

#21     Apr 9, 2008
  2. briana

briana

Reply to Ratboy88:

Please note that my responses are in Caps for ease of reading rather than for exclaimation:

while spitzer was an AG... trust me he did more than any Judge.

APPLES AND ORANGES. THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS CASE. NOT ANALOGOUS IN THE LEAST. FURTHER YOU GIVE NO EXAMPLE OF WHAT SPITZER DID VS WHAT A JUDGE COULD. LEAVE THIS ALONE AS IT IS IRRELEVENT AND A RED HERRING.

you answered your own question.. if a judge has a lifetime position.. they have no incentive to work for the public good.

JUST BC A FED JUDGE DOES HAVE A LIFETIME APT DOES NOT MEAN THEY DON'T HAVE INCENTIVE. THEY HAVE A REPUTATION AND THEY CAN BE REMOVED FOR CAUSE.

an AG does... and the way to motivate them is to let them know how aggressive you can be.. both positive and negative.

AN AG ONLY HAS INCENTIVE IF HE THINKS YOUR VOTE MATTERS OR THE ISSUE IS IMPORTANT TO CALI. YOU DON'T HAVE A VOTE IF YOU LIVE IN CANADA, TEXAS, ETC. AN AG, A POLITICAL ANIMAL, GOES WHERE THE VOTES ARE. TUCOS 250 TOTAL TRADERS DON'T FIT THAT BILL.

so what if lescor is in canada... i am sure a group of tuco traders is in cali... if they get together and pursue this.. they have a shot.

IF LESCOR IS IN CANADA, HE CANNOT VOTE FOR THE AG. EVERY TRADER THAT IS NOT IN CALI AND CANT VOTE MEANS THE ISSUE IS LESS IMPORTANT TO THE AG. THERE WELL MAY BE A GROUP IN CALIF, THEY SHOULD CALL THE JUDGE, THEN THE AG. CALLING THE AG DEF WILL NOT HURT.

"They have a shot"

FOR WHAT? SPEEDING UP THE PROCESS? THAT IS THE ONLY SHOT THERE IS AT THIS POINT. HOW LONG DO YOU THINK THAT IT WILL TAKE TO GET AN AG TO GET MOVING AND INTERVENE? TO REALLY SPEED IT UP THE AG REALLY , HAS TO MAKE IT A PRIORITY. THAT IS ASSUMING HE CAN MAKE IT GO FASTER, WHICH I DOUBT. DO YOU THINK THE AG MAY HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT IN CALI?

FURTHER, IF AN AG INTERVENES IN A CASE, HE BECOMES A PARTY TO THE CASE AND THEN IS SUBJECT TO THE SAME RULES THAT EVERY OTHER PARTY IS SUBJECT TO. WHO MAKES THE RULES: THE JUDGE (IF NOT A REGULAR RULE OF PROCEDURE.)

Finally, in the best possible situation, the AG would get 100'S of calls frm disgrunteled traders who had previosuly called the Judge.

However, please note, the judge is the ULTIMATE gatekeeper here. HE or SHE decides when this thing has to be resolved.

Again, just my idea (based on 12 years of law practice.) Please pardon my nonlawyerly gram. and spelling errors.

#22     Apr 9, 2008
  3. if a judge has a lifetime appointment.. then they aren't worried about being re-elected.

the AG would do wonders if only he calls the receiver and lets him know he is being watched.

#23     Apr 9, 2008
  4. briana

briana

I never said the judge was worried about being reelected. He or she is not. I mentioned the squeaky wheel theory and then said it may or may not work.

the receiver gives a rat's ass about being "watched" by someone who did not hire him and can't fire him. The receiver's "boss" is the judge. The judge already ruled he can't be sued. Further, the judge will rule on whether the receiver's fees are justified. (Pardon my Texas French.)

Again, I'm not saying don't call the AG, I just don't think it will have as big an impact as calling the judge and bugging his or her staff until they bitch to the judge to respolve this case to get the crazy traders off their backs.

#24     Apr 9, 2008
  5. i say call both.. i hope something works. i don't trust most judges but nothing wrong with trying.

#25     Apr 9, 2008
  6. Ask Neteller account (bag)holders & Liberty Dollar owners how much the U.S. gov't cares about money that is rightfully yours.

#26     Apr 11, 2008
  7. fusionz

fusionz

Neteller did payout US customers after a few months. Although it suck a lot to wait that long.

#27     Apr 11, 2008
  8. There are several key issues that need to be resolved before we can propose an interim distribution. First, there are ongoing issues with the clearing firm, Penson Financial Services, that need to be resolved. Second, there are some concerns that the Tuco back office system has not been properly communicating with the software platforms. This issue is being investigated. Third, we are waiting on information from the broker-dealer GLB Trading regarding commissions owed to Tuco Trading. When these issues have been resolved, we will be in a better position to analyze whether an interim distribution is appropriate, and if so, what the appropriate amount is.

However, concerns have also been raised by major creditors of Tuco regarding members receiving a distribution before creditors. Many creditor claims are not yet known because they will arise from the Tuco offices, which are still in use by my team. We want to avoid expending estate resources litigating these issues. Accordingly, these creditor concerns must be addressed before a distribution is proposed.

We will keep members updated with emails and postings on our website. If you have any other questions, please contact my office again.

Sincerely,

Thomas F. Lennon

Receiver for Tuco Trading, LLC

#28     Apr 11, 2008
  9. briana

briana

"However, concerns have also been raised by major creditors of Tuco regarding members receiving a distribution before creditors. Many creditor claims are not yet known because they will arise from the Tuco offices, which are still in use by my team. We want to avoid expending estate resources litigating these issues. Accordingly, these creditor concerns must be addressed before a distribution is proposed."

It took him 4 weeks to figure out he has to pay rent, phones etc on the offices that he has taken over? Am I reading this right?

#29     Apr 11, 2008

10. bingo!!! the original judge wasn't smart enough to see through this scam... probably not going to admit his/her ignorance now.

i like the way this individual tries to paint it as creditors.. very misleading. i guess they want to keep the $$$$ train to keep rolling.

#30     Apr 11, 2008