former Tuco traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ab443, Apr 7, 2008.

1. good point ab... if enough people call, it could make a difference for sure.

#11     Apr 8, 2008
  2. ab443

ab443

On second thought I'm not sure of gender of judge.Don't know why i assumed female

#12     Apr 9, 2008
  3. jazzsax

jazzsax

good luck with that one. The judge won't care or listen if you don't have legal counsel.... after all, the receiver was supposedly put in place to protect *your* interests. Your best bet is to get a pile of tuco members together to lobby the judge.

#13     Apr 9, 2008
  4. seriously doubt the judge will give a shit. call the state AG... thats his job .. i.e. to protect the public. let him know he/she will never be re-elected if he drops the ball. record everything and publish it.

#14     Apr 9, 2008
  5. briana

briana

The judge in all probability will not talk to you about a pending case, especially if you have an interest in it. That would be considered ex parte communication, which, I assume, is not allowed in that jurisdication. Doesn't matter whether or not you have a lawyer or are a lawyer involved in the case. The way you get to talk to the judge is by filing papers in the case, either by yourself, or through a lawyer. Just a former lawyer's 2 cents.

On the other hand, there is always the squeaky wheel theory. If a deluge of calls occurs, even if the judge is not spoken to, the multiple calls will bother the judge's staff, which in turn may bother the judge, which in turn may cause her/him to want to resolve the case and not put it on the back burner. It could be the difference between the judge granting another continuance for additional time to count bills or denying it.

#15     Apr 9, 2008
  6. ab443

ab443

Called the judge, got a machine.....but left a long message.Got to do something and ya never know

#16     Apr 9, 2008
  7. i don't blame you... but the judge isn't on your side, call the state AG.

#17     Apr 9, 2008
  8. briana

briana

The judge is not on your side. Nor is the AG. If a state AG calls a FEDERAL judge, the judge, who has a lifetime position, may well tell the AG to piss off. Further, why does the AG really care about 250 traders, many of whom are not even in Cal? Remember, many are remote. For example, Lescor is in Canada. How much do you think the Cali AG cares about him?

Further, in theory, the Judge, is not to talk to the AG unless the AG's office files papers to intervene in the case on behalf of the state. How long do you think that will take? Is this an imminent prob for the people of Cali?

I really doubt the Calif AG is itching to fight the Federal Govt (SEC/FED CTS) on behalf of 250 traders, some of whom are not even US citizens.

Again, it goes back to the loud wheel theory. The more people who call the judge will make it more likely the judge will want to get it off her or his plate. I just think it would be a better use of time to get one govt official, specifically the judge, irritated and motivated to get a case moving, rather than two. Just a thought. Not likely calls will make a big diff either way. "Justice" is slow.

Sorry Ratboy, not throwing down the gauntlet, just putting up a diffrent prospective based on my experience on how things work in court-no disrespect intended.

#18     Apr 9, 2008

9. while spitzer was an AG... trust me he did more than any Judge.

you answered your own question.. if a judge has a lifetime position.. they have no incentive to work for the public good.

an AG does... and the way to motivate them is to let them know how aggressive you can be.. both positive and negative.

so what if lescor is in canada... i am sure a group of tuco traders is in cali... if they get together and pursue this.. they have a shot.

#19     Apr 9, 2008
  10. no prob.. you are very respectful and we both want the same outcome. heck.. maybe they should just pursue both.

the key is to make Tuco's receiver feel some heat and not rape these traders with his fees. if he knows he is being watched... it may force him to work faster and honestly.

#20     Apr 9, 2008