Former Tradestation Users

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by AC3, May 1, 2007.

1. AC3

AC3

I was wondering where the former users of Tradestation went when they decided to ditch Tradestation and use another "Automated Trading Platform". I have been toying with the idea of using something else and have looked at a couple (Quant Trader and Ensign) but am worried that I am overlooking a lot of what I depend on at TS. I would like to hear from anyone who has made the switch and is happy about where they've landed....

I use TS for Futures only and everything I have is automated. Appreciate anyones input

2. mtwokay

mtwokay

Checkout MultiCharts from www.tssupport.com. It's TradeStation compatible and may be an easy transition for you.

P.S. I used TradeStation for several years, dumped them for Ensign (range charts) and now using MultiCharts, since it's TradeStation compatible and supports range charts.

3. ssblack

ssblack

Another vote for Multicharts. I wont' ever look back!

MC has a few flaws, but the overall package is MUCH better than TS could ever dream about.

4. How about former users who being dumped by tradestation whose pocket didn't allow to pay platform related expenses and had switch to something called "what Esign"?

5. maxpi

maxpi

I'm trialing multicharts, have not had the time to get into it but i have a couple of showstopper questions that maybe somebody could answer if they have it up and running:

Does it do volume bars? If so, does it do tick level backtesting with volume bars, looking inside the bar testing in other words? And can it use bid/ask history if i can get it from my data provider?

Right now I am using Tradestation and adapting a strategy to run on single tick bars, building my own volume bars in arrays because TS doesn't provide look inside the bar backtesting on volume bars. Another thing i dont seem to have is bid/ask history. If I could get those things i might switch to MC. I like the other software from tssupport, I beta tested some of it and I trust them to get the stuff done right.