Former Top Bush Aide Accused of Md. Thefts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Lib blogs are all over this. They'll ferret it out. Jimmy Bush and press secretary lying too -- they knew why he resigned 2/9. Cops would have told them when the name first came back. Everybody probably wanted it to just go away except the guy had worked the scam too much to ignore.

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/03/10/claude-allen/

:eek: He was being paid 160K+ too at the White Hosue. Only Rove higher paid.

#11     Mar 11, 2006
  2. Trey Ellis
    Bio
    Blog Index RSS
    When Black Republicans Go Bad (16 comments )
    READ MORE: Washington Post

Why are we so surprised that Claude Allen, until recently the President's chief domestic policy advisor, is being accused of scamming Target out of over $5000? He's a black man who got his start working for Jesse Helms, the former Senator who had the delightful habit of calling all black people, "Fred."

Man, what I wouldn't give to be Claude Allen's shrink. The inside of his brain must look like Saigon in the last days of the war ("We shall overcome! / Shut up, nigger. / Who you calling nigger? / Did I say, "nigger." I meant, "Fred.").

There must be something about being a black Republican that drives you a little batty. Just look at Allen's comrades in arms Allen Keyes and Clarence Thomas. I mean, who in their right mind sees pubic hairs in a can of Coke?

Many black Republicans, it seems, stake out ultra-right-wing positions perhaps to prove their bona fides to their white superiors. Claude Allen, while working for Helms, accused Helms' then opponent of being linked to "queers," and, according to the Washington Post, "once he kept Medicaid funds from an impoverished rape victim who wanted an abortion." And time and time again Justice Thomas has proven to be just an echo chamber, a double vote, for his intellectual overseer Justice Scalia.

I've got it. Maybe black Republicans are like transvestites? Transvestites affect a hyper-femininity, their nails are always perfect, their bags always match their shoes. In the same way, many black Republicans, it seems, affect a "hyper-whiteness," staking out positions that even whites in the South grew out of in the Fifties.

No wonder every now and again they snap. Perhaps in Mr. Allen's warped ideology he associated petty criminality with "blackness" and he'd been in drag so long that he longed desperately to come "home." And remember Clarence Thomas also acted out, only in hyper-sexual ways, bragging to Anita Hill about the size of his schlong.

Mr. Allen, Justice Thomas, blackness isn't crime, violence and sexuality. Willie Horton isn't the sum of us. He's just how many on your side have summed us up.

Don't believe the hype.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/trey-ellis/when-black-republicans-go_b_17158.html

#12     Mar 11, 2006
  3. March 10, 2006
    Unclear on the concept
    Posted by Mark Kleiman

Poor Claude Allen!

Everyone wondered why he suddenly resigned last month as the White House Domestic Policy Adviser. Since he was one of the Christian Right point men inside the Bush Administration, a fanatic about abstinence-only sex education, and had been a famous gay-baiter as an aide to Jesse Helms — his remarks about "queers" (which he testified under oath meant "odd people," not gays) kept him from being confirmed for the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals when Bush nominated him — some Blue Bloggers jumped to the obvious but wrong conclusion.

No, it turns out Allen's problem was financial, not sexual. He made a practice of "refund fraud," a fancy form of shoplifting in which the thief buys an item, takes it out of the store, returns to the store with the receipt, picks up an identical item from the shelf, and takes it to the return counter with the original receipt. Presto! He still has the item, but gets a full refund of whatever he paid for it. Allen's score over several months amounted to more than $5000, and the cops had been on to him since the fall.

Of course, it's easy to see how Allen could have been confused. When his colleagues in the White House explained to him the basic BushCo operating procedure — lie, cheat, and steal — he interpreted "steal" literally, like a good fundamentalist.

#13     Mar 11, 2006
  4. jem

jem

The compassion on the left is just killing me. I will not even get into the racist aspects of this. Maybe I will.

Now as a good conservative, I say show him compassion but put him in jail. The left and zzz make fun of him, hurl insults and then kick him hard cause he is not a lap dog of the left. In fact be overtly racist in your columns. Act like the word of the discredited anita hill was correct and smear a supreme court justice while you are at it.

zzz do not try to hide behind the fact that you were just cutting and pasting. Your selection speaks volumes about your beliefs.

#14     Mar 11, 2006
  5. Show him compassion, but put him in jail?

LOL...

How about a trial (if it would even go that far), a conviction, and probably probation for a first offense.....

Jeez jem, you are not sounding very rational.....

#15     Mar 11, 2006
  6. Take a look at this legal vitae. It's pretty impressive whatever you might think of his politics. He's gone from high end white shoe status to potentially losing his law license if convicted.

http://www.independentjudiciary.com/nominees/nominee.cfm?NomineeID=68

Bush was trying to get this cockroach onto the United States Court of Appeals. He was hailed as Bush's Domestic Policy Czar just a short time ago. Now nobody can remember him. :D

#16     Mar 12, 2006