Former RNC Chairman: I'm Gay

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hermit, Aug 25, 2010.

1. You are INCORRECT.

And, again, you did not answer my question. If, as you claim, are not a homophobe, why did you start this thread?

#11     Aug 25, 2010
  2. Why is the thread homophobic? Given the GOP's stance on homosexuality, is it not newsworthy when its former Chairman declares himself to be gay?

#12     Aug 25, 2010
  3. This is news worthy.

Being gay is fine. Being a hypocrite is not. Unfortunately we seem to have a lot of them (hypocrites) in office, past and present.

#13     Aug 25, 2010
  4. What is the GOP's stance on homosexuality?

#14     Aug 25, 2010
  5. I did not say this thread was homophobic. I asked you if YOU were homophobic. I also asked you why you started this thread. You cannot seem to answer basic questions directly without going off on some tangent.

Because of your evasiveness and dishonesty (on this and many other threads), the logical conclusion is that YOU ARE HOMOPHOBIC.

#16     Aug 26, 2010
  6. What has this got to do with anything? Given the GOP's stance on Homosexuality, you dont think their chairman turning out gay isnt newsworthy? Are you telling me that the HuffingtonPost which campaigns for gay marriage is homophobic too and exposing Con hypocrisy is somehow homophobia?

My dishonesty and evasiveness? Aren't you the same guy who called me names when I corrected you on the ACORN charges?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2902661&highlight=acorn#post2902661

#17     Aug 26, 2010
  7. Bush-Cheney campaign pressured papers to keep campaign manager’s sexuality secret

THE FOLLOWING RAN ON RAW STORY, NOVEMBER 11, 2004.

Two New York newspapers received calls from the Bush-Cheney campaign during the Republican National Convention urging them not to run a story suggesting that the campaign manager and public face of the campaign was gay, RAW STORY has learned.

Bush-Cheney campaign manager Ken Mehlman, who is now in the running to be chairman of the Republican Party, has repeatedly refused to answer questions about his sexuality in both public and private settings.

Steve Schmidt, deputy communications director for the Bush-Cheney campaign, also refused to deny that Mehlman was gay on the record in a telephone call with the activist weblog, blogACTIVE, which has been outing homophobic public officials, including California Rep. David Dreier (R-CA) and former Rep. Ed Schrock (R-Va.). Schmidt did not return a call seeking comment today.

RAW STORY was party to an investigation of claims Mehlman was gay in the run-up to the election but no one was willing to go on the record.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/082...ressured-papers-reporting-mehlmans-sexuality/

#18     Aug 26, 2010
  8. I think the bigger question is, Are you contextually daft?

#19     Aug 26, 2010
  9. Will you clarify the GOP's stance on homosexuality for us?

#20     Aug 26, 2010