Former Fed Chair Alan Greenspan Sees Bubbles in Stocks and Bonds

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ajacobson, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Jzwu2017

Jzwu2017

Perhaps he can see more clearly now that he is completely out of it?

#11     Jan 31, 2018
  2. comagnum

comagnum

He must not get the traders Almanac - otherwise he would know that since 1950 95% of the years when January was up the year ended up significantly higher.

upload_2018-1-31_17-21-25.png

#12     Jan 31, 2018
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Could be, but I think he just didn't have the balls to call it like it is. He probably thought to himself: "Who am I to put the breaks on a good thing? If every body wants to party and drink, I am sure not going to pull the plug from the music box."

To except his excuse that he didn't see the housing bubble we have to also except that the nation's financial head honcho had less foresight than the guys in The Big Short. I think he saw the over heated markets, he just didn't have the balls to control them.

#13     Jan 31, 2018
  4. DeltaRisk

DeltaRisk

It’s an “I told you so,” by the ones who regulate the money supply.
    Clearly, Fed chairman are pawns, but it does take a second glance when listening to what they have to say.

Excuse me for not finishing my post, I was going to include an article referencing my quote.

#14     Jan 31, 2018
  5. That's pure voodoo. There's no mechanism. You had lots of degrees of freedom to select a month and a start date to find whatever spurious correlation you want to find.

#15     Feb 1, 2018
  6. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

2008 was a global financial crisis not a stock market collapse specifically.

You guys will find any excuse you can to talk down a booming market.

A bubble is a surge in prices not backed up by fundamentals. Where's the evidence this market isn't being backed up by fundamentals?

This bull market could keep going for another 5-10 years.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2018
    #16     Feb 1, 2018
  7. tomorton

tomorton

I'm not going to be told by anyone that we're in a bull market. Least of all by this guy.

I can see the chart, I understand that prices can fall as well as rise. I can be out of the market faster than an economist can work out what day it is today.

#17     Feb 1, 2018
    lovethetrade likes this.
  8. comagnum

comagnum

wrong - it is statistics based on 67 years of hard facts. If you call facts voodoo than your probably related to Trump.

#18     Feb 1, 2018
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Same difference. The reason behind the booming housing market was that everyone was getting good credit and kept refinancing already existing loans. With a better captain at the wheel it wouldn't have happened...

By the way who is talking down this market? Oh yeah, Greenspan, so take it up with him. :)

#19     Feb 1, 2018
    lovethetrade likes this.
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

From Greenspan till present day including the new guy coming in they are all Keynesians.

What else can they do but print and cheerlead.

#20     Feb 3, 2018