Former Clinton Chief of Staff on Paul Ryan: 'I'm telling you, this guy is amazing'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Navin Johnson, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Erskine Bowles praises Paul Ryan, budget plan

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dbzpuqWo6yU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A video of former Clinton White House chief of staff Erskine Bowles began circulating in conservative news outlets today. In the clip, the Democratic co-chair of President Obama's National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform gives high praises to Paul Ryan's budget plan.

"I'm telling you, this guy is amazing. I always thought I was OK with arithmetic. This guy can run circles around me," Bowles tells a class of students at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

"He is honest, he is straightforward, he is sincere. And the budget he came forward with is just like Paul Ryan. It is a sensible, straightforward, honest, serious budget and it cut the budget deficit just like we did by four trillion dollars."

The video was shot on September 8, 2011, but was just uploaded to YouTube yesterday. What's striking is that not only does Bowles, a former U.S. Senate candidate from North Carolina, praise Ryan's effort, but he is also highly critical of the budget offered by President Obama. More from the video:

"The president came out with his own plan. And the president, as you remember, came out with a budget. And I don't think anybody took that budget very seriously," Bowles continues.

"The Senate voted against it 97 to nothing. He therefore, after a lot of pressure from folks like me, he came out with a new budget framework. And in that budget framework, he cuts the budget by four trillion dollars over twelve years. And, to be candid, this four trillion dollars cut was very heavily back-end loaded. So, that if you looked at it on a ten-year basis and compared apples to apples, it really was about a two and a half trillion dollar cut."

The clip aired Monday on Fox News Channel's "Your World With Neil Cavuto" and has been picked up on conservative blogs, including Ace of Spades, which writes, from September 2011, "I see this in an ad. Our ad."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...-ryan-budget-plan-video-003642883.html?_esi=1

2. He's hoping to cash in on suckers like Dick Morris did

3. Max E.

Max E.

And here is Clinton himself, telling Paul Ryan he hopes Dems dont simply demagogue the issue of medicare....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qEsi6ocRb2U?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Though Democrats insist Ryan’s Medicare proposals are “right-wing,” they are actually modeled on recommendations issued by a bipartisan commission under President Clinton, and have been championed by former Clinton budget director Alice Rivlin.

Clinton met with Ryan in May 2011 at a national debt forum in Washington, D.C., shortly after Democrats had won a special congressional election in New York. The former president told Ryan he hoped Democrats would engage on Medicare reform and told the GOP congressman to “give me a call” if he ever wanted to discuss the issue.

“I’m glad we won this race in New York,” Clinton told Ryan. “But I hope Democrats don’t use this as an excuse to do nothing on Medicare.”

John Gorman, who served as a healthcare consultant in the Clinton administration, said the Ryan-Wyden Medicare plan, which was included in the most recent version of the House Republican budget, was “a reasonable compromise,” adding, “there’s a lot of precedent for it.”

4. And why did all the dems vote against "Obama's" budget again?

5. Max E.

Max E.

Because Obama is a far left radical zealot like you are.

6. pspr

pspr

The Dems are in trouble and they know it. Well, those with more than one brain cell do, those posting here don't have a clue.

7. Brass

Brass

Max is bouncing off the walls again, making like a superball. It's fun to watch from a safe distance.

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

You mean like from Canada?

9. Max E.

Max E.

Speaking of far left radical shitheads, Brass is so far left that he actually thinks Stalin the communist is a right winger.... :D

Plus he is a lowlife degenerate troll who lives in a garbage dumpster, and feeds off used diapers....

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

That WOULD explain why he's so full of shit. :)

#10     Aug 14, 2012