Former BSC banker, Harvard grad to teach cupcakes

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, Aug 15, 2008.

1. aradiel

aradiel

I agree. I hope she recovers from the possible trauma she had and finds success in her new enterprise. Judging by the pictures she and her little clients are happy and doing something they enjoy, and that is good enough for me. Congrats to her for getting up again in a noble way.

#51     Aug 16, 2008
  2. bighog

bighog Guest

Wow, what a bunch of grown men being jealous of a young women making a career for herself after the big boy fat cats on wall street screwed up.

What will you clowns do when faced with a difficult situation in life? The young lady has moved on and all you guys can do is say she was in over her head in the first place. How many of you losers graduated from Harvard to begin with?

Grow up you big babies.

#52     Aug 17, 2008
  3. dcvtss

dcvtss

I know a woman who has a very similar business here in DC and she does pretty well with it. The key is the clientele, getting in with the country club set. These people already have nanny's raising their kids even though the wife doesn't work so throwing out what to them amounts to a very small amount of money for another activity is not a big deal. This is just one more activity squeezed in between all the other things these kids have scheduled for them everyday.

#53     Aug 17, 2008
  4. zdreg

zdreg

#54     Aug 17, 2008
  5. There was an article in the Post a couple of months ago about how many of these guys are getting divorced now that they can no longer bring home the million+ per year bacon.

LOL, :D :p

#55     Aug 17, 2008
  6. most of these people don't have the capital to do it.

A very good trader makes 20-50% a year... that means a lot of these people would need 500k-1MM to replace their old salaried.

#56     Aug 17, 2008
  7. Good point but maybe thats how she stumbled upon the idea in the first place. i.e. the proverbial light bulb lit up while she was teaching her own kid and the kid's friends how to cook. My guess is that she has a majority of relatively wealthy clients who could not be bothered to teach their kids to cook for roughly the same reasons they could not be bothered to even raise them without the help of the butler, nanny or governess. It's a shame that people would pay for that but for many it's a status thing to be able to say at the next dinner party "Hey, Look at me, I have so much money that I will pay someone to teach my kid how to cook." The sad part is that its the simple things that you do with your kid that are some of the best quality times a parent can have.

#57     Aug 17, 2008
  8. Exactly. If a couple has a child, they should spend as much time as they can with their child. Otherwise, why have one.

#58     Aug 17, 2008
  9. zdreg

zdreg

maybe these women will lose their disdain for a few but not for most ET traders.

#59     Aug 17, 2008
  10. None of you understand the situation. Ask yourself how is it that an unemployed corporate grunt can afford to live in the Village while she tries to make a living teaching brats how to make cupcakes? There were those who took issue with how she made VP at 27 but that should have tipped you off to her circumstances. Look, lots of rich kids go work on Wall Street because even though they have been endowed with a trust fund, mommy and daddy think that having a good work ethic is necessary for happiness.

The field was never level and the game is not fair. Girl comes in with all of her father's connections and of course she is going to move up the ladder double time. What? You did not think that this was a meritocracy did you? And do you have any idea what it costs to rent even a fifth storey walk up in the Village? If you are not a banker, consultant or lawyer type, then you must be one of those "models" who are constantly going on exotic assignments in the Bahamas or you have a source of independent source of income. She definitely would not pretty enough to make it to the photo shoot so it is a good bet that daddy is paying for her little adventure with cupcakes.

Don't be jealous. Some people are just born rich, ain't nothing wrong with it and ain't nothing you can do about it either.

#60     Aug 17, 2008