Former BSC banker, Harvard grad to teach cupcakes

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, Aug 15, 2008.

1. A successful banker who quit her job to follow her passion in cupcakes? What's up with that? :D

#31     Aug 15, 2008
  2. Schadenfreude

#32     Aug 15, 2008
  3. Someone contact her through the cupcake site and inquire about quantitative credit strategies, and if her 4pm class is full yet...

#33     Aug 15, 2008
  4. Quit? Is that what you call the slaughter at BSC? She probably still has prints from where the door hit her on the way out.

#34     Aug 15, 2008
  5. She does seem nice and wholesome. My first thoughts were, she looked in her wallet then looked in the mirror and thought "hmnnn I like cupcakes". So I looked up her website. Imo, cupcakes and kids is about as far as you can get from finance. She'll probably do well. The worst case scenario is she is a babysitter with a plan.

#35     Aug 15, 2008
  6. Teaching kids to cook is something that can be done by the kid's parent. Why in the world would you pay someone to teach YOUR kid to cook when you can do it yourself for free. I wouldn't do it for my daughter. That is what moms are for. There are so many pointless businesses here in America. The nation would have 50% unemployment rate if we got rid of all the garbage out there and people lived simpler and cheaper lifestyles.

#36     Aug 15, 2008
  7. Vinny,
    My thoughts exactly, hence I see this more as a babysitting proposition than filling a need for kitchen skills.

Take a kid for 6 hours @ $60 dollars a pop and the parents can take off for the day. Multiply this by 6 kids and you can make a living.

#37     Aug 15, 2008
  8. I bet her new enterprise lasts a helluva lot longer than some "piker" like you posting 7,000 times on ET and getting paid a nickel per post in order to keep this website afloat with "traffic".

I also bet that she has made a fairly decent amount of money in the short-time that she worked on the Street, as compared to you and your worthless "cut and paste" drivel on ET. I would also bet that she is extremely content in her new career, and having a ton of fun doing it.

But leave it to you to "bash" someone like her.

By the way, how are those QID's doing that you bought up at $43?

Gonna keep averaging down just like you did with the DUG, even though it went 30% against you?

You are the biggest JOKE on this board.

#38     Aug 15, 2008
  9. You obviously have never lived/worked in Manhattan where the cost of living is through the roof and most married professional couples are BOTH working and simply don't have the free time to do as many fun things with their kids as they'd like.

Get a clue.

#39     Aug 15, 2008
  10. Oh, I don't know. Perhaps this gives a working mom a break from time to time. And even for the children of a stay-at-home mom, there's nothing wrong with little kids having fun and interacting with other little kids while learning something new in a not necessarily competitive environment. I don't know if she will, but I hope she does well.

It's the MIT guy with the sandwich board sign, and the ex-traders looking to pay their bills with poker that raise my eyebrow.

#40     Aug 15, 2008