Forgotten the administrator account pw

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by gerryhoho, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Dear all,

I have lucky forgotten the administrator account password... any handy way that I can get it reset with out reinstalling the whole thing?

2. Assuming this is a Windows system.

1) If its Windows Home, you may be able to bypass using Safe Mode.

2) If its Pro, you can take it to a Computer Repair shop that can reset the password, or if you have the Linux Password breaking CD which should be more expensive than what someone charges to fix it, you can do it yourself.

3. Hey dude, tks for the quick reply. As I know my PC is a window XP version. Will I still able to get into safe mode as u suggested? If so how can I get into safe mode??

4. Hey dude, tks for the quick reply. As I know my PC is a window XP version. Will I still able to get into safe mode as u suggested? If so how can I get into safe mode??

5. EEUT84

EEUT84

Did you try 'admin'? Dumb suggestion, but you never know

That or login to another account with admin powers and see if you can change it there.

6. sometimes logging in as "administrator" or "admin" in the username field and leaving the password field blank works.

7. GTS

GTS

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

"This is a utility to reset the password of any user that has a valid local account on your Windows system. "

There are also free programs to crack the password but if you have no need to know what the old password is it is much easier to just reset it.

8. t0pd0g

t0pd0g

Yes...I have used the pogostick program and it works great.

9. d08

d08

It only works if the administrator password has not been set.

#10     Jun 23, 2011