Forget futures and forex...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by short&naked, Dec 26, 2010.

#11     Dec 26, 2010
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Let me help you out here with a really cool pattern I've noticed. I live in Chicago, the trading capital of the world. OK? We have about 50 prop firms here that trade futures. I think we have one that trades stocks. One! Pretty neat pattern huh? Let's see if you can figure out what that means.

#12     Dec 26, 2010
  3. Lets face it, he doesn't know how to trade FX or futures markets therefore he thinks ppl need an edge to trade them. In otherwards, he has no clue.....so he bashes what he doesn't understand or can't excel in.

** Its the ignorant ones that are always proclaiming to know about things/subject matter they truly do NOT understand. TRULY PATHETIC

#13     Dec 26, 2010
  4. Since it's actually London not Chicago, it's not OK, fool.

#14     Dec 26, 2010
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Huh? Dude, there are far more prop firms in Chicago then London. It's not even close. Probably a 10 to 1 ratio. Not sure what that has to do with your argument though.

#15     Dec 26, 2010
  6. Go back on your diet and leave this to the big boys... ;)

#16     Dec 26, 2010
  7. London is the physical trading capital of the world. Chicago is by far the futures trading capital of the world.

#17     Dec 26, 2010
  8. With all the ignorant garbage you've posted about FX and futures; I, as well as everyone else on this site would hardly consider you to be one the big boys, .....more like small and clueless.

#18     Dec 26, 2010
  9. Handle123

Handle123

Since there is time decay with options, you will lose money if price just sits there same as stocks. I been long term trading commodities since 1986, for value, margins are much much much lower than owning stocks. Still comes down to experience and what you like to trade, but saying what is better, is like comparing apples to oranges. And I do trade stocks long term, but the methods I use on stocks work best on stocks and methods used on commodities work best on commodities. Each instrument has it's own personality.

#19     Dec 27, 2010
    beginner66 likes this.
  10. Small and clueless? No, no, no... more like short and naked. ;)

#20     Dec 27, 2010