FORGET ABOUT OANDA, new kid on the block is..

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by NickBarings, Aug 8, 2006.

1. siki13

siki13

Well actually its more like brain washed members of some sect (MB-trading) talking here.

#71     Sep 1, 2006
  2. Siki13,

Elaborate please.

#72     Sep 1, 2006
  3. siki13

siki13

If i must,for example
    6 minute outage on most important time of the day didn't make some people here blink and they carelessly continue to ask
    trivial things

#73     Sep 1, 2006
  4. Moe27

Moe27

i like to know witch broker you use. what a joke. every body want that broker that never have any problems. so who's your broker fxcm. get over it shit happens.

#74     Sep 1, 2006
  5. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

moe27......

We are looking into it. I will keep everyone updated if we move forward with them.

Regards,

Steve

#75     Sep 1, 2006
  6. Moe27

Moe27

ok. also how will you be able to show market depth on mt-4

#76     Sep 1, 2006
    #77     Sep 1, 2006
  8. bigmrfrank,

The time of the posts made it clearly evident that both steve and I were replying to toby400, but I can understand how you were seeing my post now.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(no banks lifting mini bids was not accurate),

Which bank (s) does? Were there replies I had missed? How is it quoted? Can you see it on Currenex? Please enlighten us (me)? I admittedly am trying to learn and I was told that banks deal in lot size. When I try to verify through UBS and Currenex that seems to be true. I find it very hard to do my due-diligence when everything is so secretive and fragmented in the Forex world. I want to do the time, but for a retail trader it is hard to. Recent posts are very revealing and I am pleased as to my participation in "drawing out" the mechanics of the "thing".

I have recently developed a trading system in Forex which I trade currently. The person with the theory that I have worked with, insists on opening a Hedge Fund and to use Currenex, which I opted out of.

Here in ET, recently posted, there was good information about the different "hubs" in Currenex. I do not see the fascination with Currenex...I trade at Oanda. I do not see any benefit to switch to MBT either. I am still looking for a secondary dealer/marketmaker for my personal trading (IMHO everyone should have) and I will say that MBT seems to come the closest. Interest on the cash balance and ACH would make MBT better than Oanda in my view. I would have to test the quotes & fills for myself though with live trading side by side.

#78     Sep 1, 2006
  9. bigmfrank,

Perhaps EBS has different minimums...does FXall work similarly to Currenex and merely just software for quotes to be posted to? (TradeViper confirmed a 5 lot minimum with Currenex)

I am still trying to differentiate so-called ECN's like CoesFX and Hotspot to Currenex. I do not think Currenex is considered an ECN.

Do you trade with MBT bigmrfrank?

Michael B.

P.S. No question is a dumb question. There is a method here and do not worry folks this will all be "pulled together". They do not want you to know and understand!

ET is a wonderful resource and sometimes the questions need to be asked over and over. I admit to asking "dumbed down" questions that I may know the answers to, for the edification of the learning process and many have thanked me for this.

Keep in mind... apparantly the old school does not want change...the pace at which Retail Spot Forex is growing and changing is phenomenal. Banks need their spread...or why do it? The sheer huge numbers that the banks use make it impossible for the Retail Trader to compete. There is a lot of money out there folks, but why should the banks fragment their cozy relationships, when moving money?

#79     Sep 1, 2006
  10. How about IB IdealPro?
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/fees/commissionForex.php?ib_entity=llc

It is about US$2.57 per million.
    The min commission is US$2.5.
    The spread is reasonable.

The disadvantage is you have to trade more than US$25,000 per transaction.

One thing is worth mentioning. Although the website indicates the min is $2.50 or USD Equivalent, that is not true. For some weird reasons, IB tends to charge more for all other currencies. For example, the min for GBP is charged more than US$0.35 per trade [the min commission is GBP1.5 (about US$2.85)]. I don't think $2.85 and $2.5 can be deemed as an equivalent!

Even if you ask the staff, most still don't know about it. You can know only when you receive your account statement.

Finally this is the real min commission list (you cannot find it on IB website) at the best of my knowledge. I figured it out all the hard way.
    Currency===Min commission
    AUD 3.5
    CAD 3.5 (<-- That's crazy! It is equal to US$3.17)
    CHF 3
    EUR 2
    GBP 1.5
    HKD 20
    JPY 250
    MXN 25
    SEK 20
    USD 2.5

#80     Sep 1, 2006