FORGET ABOUT OANDA, new kid on the block is..

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by NickBarings, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Glad to see that there are more ECNs available for currencies! Just a word of caution for anyone living outside of the US, they are restricted to opening accounts for residents of certain countries (in my case, Japan although I am a US citizen).

#11     Aug 9, 2006
  2. Right, all financial markets should be
    one 24 hour open ECN !

#12     Aug 9, 2006
  3. Graham1

Graham1

It probably has a niche value (for people who don't have the volume to go the primer broker route). Nice that they don't have minimum volume requirements.

The commission rates are high though.

$5 per $100,000 (or $50 per mil) on a high value currency like GBP/USD adds 1.9 pips to the round turn trading cost.

So the 2 pip normal GBP/USD spread equates to an effective 3.9 pips
    (sometimes it shows 1 pip which equates to an effective 2.9 pips).

The 1 pip normal EUR/USD spread equates to an effective 2.3 pips.

#13     Aug 9, 2006
  4. Sorry, I made a mistake in my calculation, the commission for the EUR/USD is indeed 1.3 pips so total of
    2.31 pips

#14     Aug 9, 2006
  5. katesdp

katesdp

:p Good one

#15     Aug 9, 2006
  6. Can anyone comment on platform stability and execution quality?

I had a quick look on the platform, and i have 2 quick questions:

In the FXboard quotepanel euro is quoted with i.e. 1.28750 / 1.28760, where 87 is displayed in big letters. Would make much more sense to have 75/76 in big letters. I found that quite annoying, is there a way to change that?

One-click dealing availaible? I didnt find that either.

Are the demo-quotes representative for the live-platform?

Hope someone can answer,

P.

#16     Aug 9, 2006
  7. notouch

notouch

MB is very customisable so no problem with one click dealing - look at your preferences! Also has keyboard short cuts. You certainly dont get Oanda's shitty 15 pip cable spreads.

#17     Aug 9, 2006
  8. www.marketindex.com Oanda's engine with ABN-AMRO's credit. Problem being; I don't think ABN would want to open your account due to the Barings' deal. You never know, perhaps they'll open a "88888" account for you.

#18     Aug 9, 2006
  9. No comment...

#19     Aug 9, 2006
  10. trader.fx

trader.fx

I don't like their trading platform, prefer Meta Trader 4, with easy automation/programming and great charts.

Hope they will have it engaged one day.

#20     Aug 11, 2006