Forget about a rate cut !

Discussion in 'Economics' started by sobemark, Mar 15, 2007.

1. ALAN at it again !

13:33 Greenspan says subprime is not a small issue - Reuters

13:32 Greenspan says a risk subprime woes will spill over to other sectors - Reuters

#31     Mar 15, 2007
  2. if the glove fits, you have to aquit!

#32     Mar 15, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

why mention something many already know is happening.

Of course its going to spill over into other sectors.

Wait till it impacts consumer spending.

#33     Mar 15, 2007
  4. :p Yeah...that's how it works out here...right. It's a renters market...you can get nice places (3bdrm homes) in the $1000-2000/month range with an average income in the $50-60k/range. If you're not a family and don't need a big house you can get into luxury apartments for $850/month

#34     Mar 15, 2007
  5. Wow what a nonevent day. yoy on PPI 2.5% and core at 1.8% same as January.The usual bogus bloomberg article was a good one. Such an entertaining site.

#35     Mar 15, 2007
  6. I live in Boca Raton, FL and already see many of the 50 yr mortgage signs littering the street. It is the new weapon of choice for the brokers it seems.

Not sure about the other parts of the country but it has already started affecting the retail consumer here. It's not hard to go out to most stores and see how much the "door swings" are down.

I can also say that Circuit City will get absolutely worked by BestBuy in sales this quarter.

#36     Mar 15, 2007
  7. There is evidence that they cost us more in free govt services , than they save us in cheap labor.

Add together the free ER healthcare which costs 10X than a regular doc visit, the lost tax revenue they dont pay, the schools they put all their kids in, and they are a net drain on us.

#37     Mar 15, 2007
  8. market waiting for CPI ...

something tells me they want 140 close on SPY tomorrow for oe ..before all hell breaks loose next week .. IMHO of course

#38     Mar 15, 2007
  9. Take a close look at this graph and tell me what is wrong :D

Anyone who understands mean reversion will scream SHORT, especially after interest rate hikes, tightening lending standards, the crashing subprime market, and the record breaking foreclosure rates and housing supply.

[​IMG]

#39     Mar 15, 2007
  10. They are a net drain on you and the average tax paying citizen. They are a true bargain for folks who have many domestic servants. The "Real Housewives of Orange County" would be amiss without them.

#40     Mar 15, 2007