Forex: why demo trade when you can micro-acct trade?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by increasenow, Dec 8, 2008.

1. great to read. can you recommend a micro account? thanks

#11     Dec 8, 2008
  2. honestly, I think you are better off googling and doing your own research...just google "Forex micro accounts"...best to you...

#12     Dec 8, 2008
  3. I've been trading with Oanda for a few years now and singing their praises until the last few months. Things have become pretty unreliable lately.

Now I'm looking seriously at GFT and IBFX.

#13     Dec 8, 2008
  4. do you ever use trailing stops?

#14     Dec 8, 2008
  5. I trail by hand, watching price action and support/resistance levels. Also, I might sell 1/2 and move the stop to BE, depending on the overall market action.

#15     Dec 8, 2008
  6. cool man...keep us up to date on you Eur/Usd trading

#16     Dec 8, 2008
  7. tmclimon

tmclimon Guest

Good thing with demos i that you can try tons of crazy things (cause some of them turn to be not that crazy).

You can ruin as much accounts as you want, it won't cost you a dime. Biut I agree you shouldn't be demoing to long, or you could take bad habits.

#17     Dec 9, 2008
  8. great point...I read somewhere last night that a professional has an acount like that..."just to trade wild ideas"...good post...

#18     Dec 9, 2008
  9. the Forex micro account could be one of the greatest opportunities offered to the smaller trader...

#19     Dec 10, 2008
  10. ah beginning to think micro accounts are a waste of time...go with the large standard contracts/lots...you?

#20     Jan 8, 2009