forex volume

Discussion in 'Forex' started by lg_cap, Oct 10, 2011.

1. and that's really the beauty of forex for me. If you want to get long CHF and short JPY you can short USD/CHF and go long USD/JPY, but if you feel USD is going to tank you can hedge by going short USD/CAD and short USD/AUD, But if you also feel AUD is going to tank you can go long GBP/AUD and maybe some EUR/AUD just for good measure. But if you don't like EUR you can always just short EUR/CHF and that brings us back to do re me so doe a deer a female deer, me a name I call myself....

#11     Oct 13, 2011
  2. With Spot Fx not having a centralized exchange and in addition to not having uniform contract sizes, any suggestions on how to get volume data on fx pairs-eurusd,eurjpy,etc? any workaround possible ?

My current data provider is IB but can switch if needed to get reasonably accurate spot fx volume data . I don't have to have the exact volume data for that is probably impossible or expensive - just as long as the broker source is getting releasing real volume (not tick) data from their x biggest Fx providers .

#12     Jan 17, 2014