Forex volume available as data

Discussion in 'Forex' started by sab1234, Dec 21, 2017.

1. sab1234

sab1234

Hi,

Is there any place where I can look at the volumes of forex(like level 2 market data) for stocks?(Order book for forex?)

2. jharmon

jharmon

No.

There is no centralized exchange for forex transactions so any volume is garbage. Tick volume especially so.

An individual forex broker might provide volume on their transactions and some institutional trading platforms like Thomson Reuters Matching might have their own, but they actually are a small drop in the ocean of the actual forex transactions occurring worldwide.

Try FX futures if you want an exchange.

Xela likes this.
  3. Xela

Xela

Indeed ... exactly so. On all points.

It is actually possible to trade spot forex by using the volumes of the front month of the corresponding forex futures, during RTH, as a guide (I've done it myself, in the past - the correlation is very high). But that isn't free. Your own "broker" can't really supply more volume details than their own volume, which is - exactly as jharmon puts it above - garbage.

4. I don’t think so. As forex market is a decentralized market, there is no certain place for trading; traders are engaging in foreign currency exchange trading from various parts of the world. And also there is no regulatory authority to ensure you regulatory trading as well as such vague data of trading like any organized exchanges. So if you are talking about safe stock market trading, you should look for organized market I guess.