Forex Training

Discussion in 'Forex' started by NJTrader, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Yes, this is true ...

#11     Oct 18, 2002
  2. For someone new to FX, I highly recommend OANDA. The demo works just like the real thing. There are a lot of small players there because unlike other firms you can trade from 1 unit to 10,000,000 units per ticket. Other firms have standard size of 100,000 units. There are also firms that offer mini-size unit. I don't know what that mini-size is. Have a go with the demo at OANDA. When you are ready to trade with real money, you can open an account with $100 like some of their smaller clients.

FWIW, I do have a small account at OANDA. But I do most of my big trades at another firm.

#12     Oct 18, 2002
  3. Sorry... I didn't realize this thread was in the Futures forum. OANDA is a spot FX market maker. They don't handle futures contracts.

#13     Oct 18, 2002
  4. Bootsie

Bootsie

Hi all,

This is for FX Trader. If what you are saying below is true, could you recommend an active broker or even a web site that allows one to participate or even observe true forex price action. If not, no worries. I'm just wondering if you could expand on what was written below. I'm new to the forex game but find it truly interesting.

Thanks

Best,
    Bootise
    :D

Yes, this is true ...

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The fact is, unless you're swing trading with larger stops, making money is difficult. If you're chipping and getting results with demo's, don't expect to be profitable once you open a live account. It ain't gonna happen unless you go with a good broker. Sure, real-time charts show price movement to be attractive, but MMs don't keep their real quotes at bar extremes very long at all. It's more like a flash, so unless you have a limit order there ready and waiting, or a very quick with a market order, you'll be disappointed by the fills you get.

#14     Oct 18, 2002
  5. Daal

Daal

oanda seems good

#15     Jan 27, 2003