Forex Training - Let's Share the Cost of a Course

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Vespasian, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Hello Everyone.

I just wanted to update you all on my mentorship program.

I've completed the training and I think I have a solid understanding of the methodology.

Here is what I've learned.

1.Never ever trade without an EDGE.

This one is rather tricky because what does the word edge actually mean?

It implies some sort of advantage or odds over the markets but how is that possible when the markets are random so often?

In my mentors eyes he is looking for opportunities where the markets have pulled back from strong moves and are getting ready to resume those moves.

In order to find this he uses various technical tools to see the safest points of entry but technical tools are really only just measuring history so where's the EDGE ?

I will address this soon.

2. Always trade in the direction of the STRONGEST hands or the people that move the market.

In the Forex market there are massive forces at work. Governments and huge Institutions. This makes it very different then the equities markets because the moves that it makes are almost set in stone once the players move they have no choice but to keep moving.

So your main job as a trader is to figure out when,where and how much the market is moving.

3. Patience and Planning are everything.

My mentor is one of the calmest and patient men I have ever meet in my life. He is extremely methodical and does not engage the market unless he has an absolute clear picture of what "he thinks" is going on.

He will wait weeks for trades IF he has to (although that's rare) watch diligently each hour assessing and reassessing the market and its current conditions till he finds exactly what he is looking for and then once he finds his entry he has a methodical plan to carry out his trade from start to finish. This is done on an IF/THEN bases. IF this happens his assessment is correct If that happens THEN do this or that. By having a PLAN he is always in control of himself and the trade.

These are the 3 main points!

So back to the question does he have an EDGE and for that matter does anyone really have an edge?

The answer is yes.

If you follow the 3 steps outlined above you do have an edge and the edge is YOU.

When you approach the markets from the perspectives that he does his edge is HIMSELF, he basically takes control of the only thing we can control in the market... OURSELVES.

If history repeats itself and his observations of the current conditions are correct then we make money on the trade.

If it does not or his observations are incorrect we simply adapt and exit.

So what in the world did I pay all that money for ?

Well the truth be told I really paid all that money to learn someone else's perspectives on the markets.

That's really it!

We all look at the EXACT same charts but it's what WE see that the other guy doesn't that matters and then it's what WE do, that the other guy doesn't do that makes us professionals and can provide us with a living from this business.

I've know these things for years but it was still worth every penny I paid to watch someone else do this because it gave my a fresh perspective and a new way to view the market.

To be honest I have not traded it too much yet because I manage a small equities hedge fund so it's hard for me to watch the Forex markets but I have formed a nice relationship with my mentor and we are considering sharing some office space and working together because he lives so close to me.

I know it's going to sound chessy and salesmen like of me but if you are struggling as a trader I would recommend this man to anyone who is serious about learning to trade. I know he will not teach people that he can not physically sit beside, so that would be a problem for most people unless you live in the Toronto area but if you do then I highly recommend him or I would recommend coming up to Toronto for a few weeks and getting trained.

Sincerely
    Vesp.

#31     Sep 10, 2010
  2. Results and Update:

It's been about 60 days trading the demo account and I'm very happy with the results.

Starting Capital: $5000 balance $6350

I would still be happy to take ONE person if anyone is interested.

I will show all trade details to the interested person.

#32     Oct 27, 2010
  3. A demo account is only proof that you know how to log on...

What you really mean is, you need a grand or so from someone, so you can trade with real money?

#33     Oct 28, 2010