Forex trading with Oanda

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by paulr, Jan 16, 2003.

1. gemini_315

gemini_315 Guest

Do you know of any other reputable Forex brokers that offer 1-3 pip spreads?

Thanks.

#11     Jan 24, 2003
  2. wdbaker

wdbaker

No, I trade at OANDA and have had no problems, during the hours that other major countries trade almost always a 2 pip spread on eur/usd. I can not speak to their solvency or licensing.

wdbaker

#12     Jan 24, 2003
  3. just21

just21

#13     Jan 24, 2003
  4. BigGun

BigGun

I also know for a fact that most of the chater from people prasing Oanda are groups of gangs the firm pays to spread the word on all forums " Oanda is the best" !! Come on guy's tell them to register and start taking account for their clients. They will never because they simply don't want the CFTC to see what they are truly up to..

#14     Jan 28, 2003
  5. chaos

chaos

Hey biggun, you're shooting blanks if you are referring to any of the posts I've made here mentioning Oanda. I have absolutely no connection with them. But they have certainly caught my eye with their low-cost business model, and I do think anyone investigating forex trading should look into them because their spreads are unbeatable. If people don't like what they see, they're free to go elsewhere.

Oanda aside, you don't sound like a straight shooter to me, biggun. What's your game?

#15     Jan 29, 2003
  6. Got to ask him about Finotrade ...

http://biz.yahoo.com/e/020109/831378.html

#16     Jan 29, 2003
  7. BigGun

BigGun

I'm not sure what your trying to prove here. I have nothing to do with finotec other then getting caught up with them a year ago before I really know to stay away from un regulated firms. I'm just a simple trader trying to help others looking into FX from fowling into the same traps with unregulated FX firms that I did. I have nothing to sell nor am I leading anyone to believe anything like you.. Go ahead trade with them if you want , just don't cry when they fold up with your funds.

Let me ask you guy's why almost 80% of your post have something to do with Oanda? And why would so caled FX Traders hang here and not where the other FX traders hang? One simple reason, To lead the new sheep to the Slater by spreding the word..

Have you ever tried to visit their office? LOL... Come on get real..

Here tell them to get on FCM's Financial Reports list and mabe real traders will start to take them seriously...

http://cftc.gov/files/tm/fcm/tmfcmdata0211.pdf

#17     Feb 12, 2003
  8. chaos

chaos

BigGun,

I spend time here because I am interested in technical trading in general, not just in technical trading in forex, and this is the best technical trading forum on the Web. If you are new to trading as I am and want to learn as much as possible about it, this is the place to come. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with an unregistered forex broker. Your warning to beware the pitfalls is well taken. But I still say your initial statement was far too broad and casual in the way it tarnishes peoples' reputations. Many people here have been discussing Oanda because of it's low-cost business model. There may indeed be promoters active on the site, but narrow spreads will always be a topic of conversation for traders. IB has frequently been the focus of discussion for the same reason.

Good trading to you,

chaos

#18     Feb 12, 2003
  9. BigGun,

Why do you hang around here ?
    You do not promote anything, do you ? :D

#19     Feb 12, 2003
  10. gemini_315

gemini_315 Guest

When a firm has the option to be regulated for the good of the consumer; why would they purposely choose not to be regulated?

#20     Feb 12, 2003