(Forex) Trading only the currencies with major news that week?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by addminuslast, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Seems like news moves price not only after the initial move? But it kind of gives direction for further moves for the next few days after news release?

While other pairs with no news release tend to move sideways?

So trade only the ones with major news releases that week? Like USD if there's NFP, and AUD if there's a cash rate decision?

2. maxinger

maxinger

lots of forex coaches teach trading currencies when there is major news announcement.

unfortunately there are not many major news that move the currencies.
    currencies could be rather immune to news announcement

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  3. padutrader

padutrader

well i have seen nfp days when nothing happens....

it depends what happens going into nfp......whatever happens going into nfp gets amplified, if you know what i mean

4. ZBZB

ZBZB

In stocks it is called post earnings announcement drift. Google it and read the academic studies. It takes time for big accounts to position.

5. ZBZB

ZBZB

Currencies move on interest rate expectations between the two countries.

REDP1800 likes this.
  6. pipeguy

pipeguy

It depends on the news, its impact and surprise (deviation from consensus). Big money tend to move slowly while HFT demonstrate quick reaction. Taking into account this information and overall news impact you can estimate how "protracted" will be a news-induced move.

But keep in mind that you can usually expect a spike in volatility if news impact is big and you have to position your trades accordingly.

OSN_invest likes this.
  7. ssp729

ssp729

Even NFP and FOMC?

8. REDP1800

REDP1800

big hft are actually excuting and filling order for big customers..helloooooooo

9. Handle123

Handle123

I developed a model handful of years ago, automated it, it only trades reports, on any given trading day 24 hours a day, many reports around the world comes out. Just never know which reports makes markets move.

10. ssp729

ssp729

You can develop a model to trade Futures on FOMC's meetings

#10     Jul 9, 2019