Forex trading in the USA coming to an end?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ctmvas, Mar 12, 2017.

1. ctmvas

ctmvas

With FXCM gone, tradestation abandoning their forex, and obviously previous to all that foreign forex brokers not allowed to operate in the usa. What is the cftc trying to accomplish? Was there so much business in forex that equity brokers where losing money? Also, the foreign brokers allow clients to trade CFDs. In the usa if we want to trade index etc we have to trade via futures. Final question, is this going to change with the trump administration?

2. just21

just21

Interactive brokers and gain are still going.

3. drm7

drm7

Interactive Brokers is out of retail forex trading in the U.S. I think Gain and OANDA are still in though.

4. poorboy

poorboy

I can confidently say that the Trump administration would be in favor of more of almost any kind of commercial activity, including forex trading. The question is will he and his staff get around to it with all the other more pressing issues. My guess is its a 2nd term item.On the other hand there is a very real possibility that the United States will not exist 8 years from now in any recognizable form.

VPhantom and athlonmank8 like this.
  5. ctmvas

ctmvas

Only two remain. Its pathetic. I wish I wouldn't care so much but its the only instrument i'm profitable in. I lose in stocks/options, and futures.

6. motif

motif

How is the US not going to exist? I gotta hear this.

athlonmank8 likes this.
  7. kent

kent

IT IS. I guess it is due to heavy lobbying by non-forex brokers to keep the funds/traders with them in non-forex trading accounts. I trade only forex and only one or 2 pairs it is working for me.

8. Turveyd

Turveyd

In a recognizable form!

It's just going to change so much, Trumps business side great short term, longer term think 2008 xs 1000, no control no regulations

Or WW3 a very short nuclear 1.

Still trading fxcm in the uk and happy so not changing any time soon.

#10     Mar 12, 2017