Forex Scams Are Out of Control

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by JaneE, Apr 11, 2007.

1. JaneE

JaneE

I think that is generally good advice. The same goes for Optionetics, Monex, no-money-down real estate advisors and all of the other "financial" groups that you see advertising on late-night tv. Just stay away and you'll be all set...

#31     Apr 20, 2007
  2. Yes, I feel like many traders really don't understand that though. Then they get burned by one bad bucketshop and label the whole industry bad.

I wish everyone would just pick their brokers by very simple criteria: are they regulated in the US? If no - DON'T open an account there. Secondly, what do their financials say on the NFA site? If their net excess capital requirement is low, again, DON'T go there. If their net excess capital requirement is small (like $5 million) how big could their clients be? And if they do have large clients, what happens if they try to withdraw. Scary, very very scary.

#32     Apr 20, 2007
  3. This has been bothering me for a while as well. From newspaper and television ads to radio commercials, forex scams seem to be popping up all over the place. I don't know why they are proliferating so openly, but the CFTC certainly seems unable to stop them.

"I wish everyone would just pick their brokers by very simple criteria: are they regulated in the US? If no - DON'T open an account there. Secondly, what do their financials say on the NFA site? If their net excess capital requirement is low, again, DON'T go there. If their net excess capital requirement is small (like $5 million) how big could their clients be? And if they do have large clients, what happens if they try to withdraw. Scary, very very scary."

Amen, brother. Sometimes, things could be fixed with just a little common sense.

#33     Apr 21, 2007
    #34     Apr 21, 2007
  5. virgin

virgin

#35     Apr 21, 2007
  6. Right-on brother. These clowns think they can fool the ET folks with multiple handles talking to each other and spamming a sorry little website for "click-counts" :D

#36     Apr 21, 2007
  7. infooo

infooo

As soon as ForexTrader 1980 said at another thread how he loves
    FXCM

I knew guy was a low life.

#37     Apr 21, 2007
  8. Rocko1

Rocko1

#38     Apr 21, 2007

9. I never said I love FXCM. I said I trade with them and I am happy. I am sure others have had different experiences but that is their issue and not mine. I was asked who I trade with and I explained. Nothing wrong with that. At least I don't wait for random threads to post negative comments on. You probably work for a competitor.

And btw, notice how none of the good brokers on forexbastards.com have good rankings. FXDD should be labelled a scam - they're not even regulated but they are given 2 stars out of 4. If we want to talk about the real scam it is that site...

#40     Apr 23, 2007