Forex scalping

Discussion in 'Forex' started by karsat, Jun 13, 2005.

1. #51     Mar 8, 2012
  2. I attached an image with this post, it didn't show up...so I'm attaching again.

• 123.gif
      File size:
      56 KB
      Views:
    #52     Mar 8, 2012
  3. Would you mind annoting the chart with entries and exits...? Perhaps a commentary on your trades from that chart....anything that would help us follow along? You prolly' explained it in your essay's...but lets go over it again...shorter version please.

ES

#53     Mar 8, 2012
  4. I enter on crosses of yellow and red lines on the oscillator in the middle window. I guess its just as simple as that. The bottom window is just to give me a sense of location (as in "Is the market at its bottom/top?"). So, if the oscillator is alarming me with a buy signal when the bottom one indicates that we're at the top of the market, then I will contemplate my MM and act appropriately.

#54     Mar 8, 2012
  5. Thank-You chingizkh,

That is simple enough for us simple minded traders! ☺

I notice that is a daily chart of cable...do you trade other instruments?

Are you "always in" and do you exit when the line crosses again?

ES

#55     Mar 8, 2012
  6. I only trade GBPUSD and I only trade a fixed number of pips (between 100 and 250 pips, depending on market volatility).

This is a custom made oscillator and last 3 months that I've been using it have grown my account by 16%.

#56     Mar 8, 2012
  7. Thank-You chingizkh,

When making your entries and exits do you ever "dial-in" the timeframe to get more precise?...or do you simply wait for the alarm and enter and exit until you bag your target pips?

This seems simple enough to make an EA out of it...and trade it on MT4.

ES

#57     Mar 8, 2012
  8. Only when a new Daily candle opens and confirms the signal. 1 hour after US closes.

#58     Mar 8, 2012
  9. Nice...You have a rule for confirmation...

Ok..I will leave you alone now...you have been very cordial to answer my probing questions.

Good Trading To You..

ES

#59     Mar 8, 2012
  10. I was just about to say that I'm going to be learning C++ starting this summer and MTL4 (on my own) to automate this. The sole reason why I'm so specific and strict with myself is to make this discipline a routine, tweak it with appropriate MM techniques and if successful enough - automate it.

#60     Mar 8, 2012