forex scalping

Discussion in 'Forex' started by sakhter, Jun 19, 2009.

1. sakhter

sakhter

I haven't live tested this yet so bear with me.

I used those settings because they gave me the best results.

I don't mind holding onto a trade. I need to give it wiggle room.

I have the EA set-up to make 1 trade at a time. Whenever it makes a trade (based on strategy tester) trade closes within a few mins. But there are times it goes "south" before coming back up. It's trading the 1-minute so my take-profits aren't that high, nor is it making hundreds of trades. Only about 30 trades per month.

Added trailing-stop option, results attached:

Mini-lot, 15-point trailing-stop, same strategy.

Now I need to figure out how to override the trailing stop if price action is within 5-points of a particular level-- this way it can be stopped earlier.

#11     Jun 21, 2009
  2. Sorry fella, but your results of 109 wins and 1 loss over 2 weeks, with risk:return of 20:1 clearly demonstrate an over-optimised, absurdly curved-fitted system.

Try expanding the time range of your backtest and you'll find the system is a dismal failure.

You'd be better off trying to develop a system that exploits an inherent characteristic of the market rather than throwing a bunch of variables into a mix and picking what looks good over a very short time.

#12     Jun 21, 2009
  3. sakhter

sakhter

Yes yes your totally right. I don't trade the system manually, I just take a lot of random variables and "optimize" to see what works.

#13     Jun 21, 2009
  4. Nobody said anything about reality, Funky.
    Besides, one can never reach guru status if one is hindered by the facts.

#14     Jun 21, 2009
  5. Sushi

Sushi

Impossible

#15     Jun 21, 2009
  6. What are these indicators.

#16     Jun 23, 2009
  7. What do you mean what are they?

#17     Jun 24, 2009
  8. sccz97

sccz97

*chuckle*