Forex question from a newbie

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ktrs, Dec 17, 2008.

1. ktrs

ktrs

I have traded stocks for a few years.
    I am considering trading forex through IB, never traded it before, will paper trade for a bit.

I would be grateful for any advice and/or experiences trading forex through IB.

What might be the advantages / disadvantages such as margin ( it is 40:1 by the looks of it), working hours, anything else.

For instance I can see that as I write this and watch EUR.USD the last price is marked as the closing price C1.41.
    But I thought that forex is open 24/7, so what is with the closing price?

I can see that IDEALPRO is the exchange used.

Thanks in advance.

2. Being a trader, its important to know the tips and tricks to become a good quality trader.

The best way to do the forex trading will be the online marketing, as the Internet has become the part of the working style and the parcel of the human being. And they have become the best money making tool. Therefore, one who is a forex trader should go through websites :http://www.forexrapsecret.com/ so that he/she can know the tricks for this from this site.

3. I dare to say don’t trade paper, go on line because it is the best way you can do it, you have instant execution a back office support too. Maybe you can take a look at my broker Tradeview and if you have doubts you can ask them.