Forex prop Trading firm in Toronto Canada

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ameera, Mar 22, 2011.

1. ameera

ameera

I have been trading stocks and forex for the last 9 years. I'm interested in joining a Forex prop Trading firm. All prop trading firms that i've seen in Toronto so far don't offer forex trading(just stocks).

Is there any firm in the GTA that offers Forex Proprietary trading?

2. air

air

Hi,

What are you looking for?

Prop firms trade their own capital using proprietary trading systems. At times, they might look for traders to trader the company assets using the company systems. Other times, traders use their own systems.

However, in both cases the company provides money to trade, as opposed to some companies, manly in stocks, providing leverage, while the trade has to put down the risk capital.

You actually do not need the laverage prop firms, since you can choose your own leverage in forex.

air

3. I'm an above average to pretty good Forex trader trading my own money and will greatly profit from the capital of a Prop or other firm;
    I'm trading every weeks with proper MM and growing by account but will grow so much more with a bigger account.
    Is there any Forex Prop firms in Canada?
    I easily do 20% return per month and will be able to do that 20% return without adding too much risk with proper money management.
    It will be a win win situation.
    I'm looking specifically in Toronto, Ottawa, or Montreal region but anywhere in Canada will do.
    But again... Currency Trading (FX) not Stocks.
    Thanks.

4. ScapGF

ScapGF

20% per month? Right......

That turns $10,000 to almost $800,000 in 2 years. One year after that and it becomes $7m

Good luck.

5. What I meant is that If your start with:
    Month1: 10K+20%= 12000$
    Month2: 12k+20%= 14400$
    Month3: 14400 + 20%= 17280$
    and so on...

I don't know how you did your calculation but that's not a 20% increase per month!

I saw some far more risky account going from something like 500$ to 20K in 1 month only!
    It's obviously very risky and using very high leverage and no proper Money management but it's do-able! That's Forex!

My 20% a month is about 1% a day for 20 days of trading in a month.
    Using that 20% profit you can go from 1K to 1Million in about 5 years without too much risk and knowing what you're doing!

Still open for critics and suggestions... and still waiting for info on FX prop firms in Canada specifically in the Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal regions.
    Thanks.

6. ScapGF

ScapGF

Do the math. Your numbers are absolutely correct. Just keep compounding the 20% and after 24 months and 36 months you get the numbers I quoted. That is why your expectations are entirely out of the realm of reality.

Again, your math is right, just keep going to get the numbers I stated.

Now go and research the most successful funds of all time and see if they came anywhere close...

7. Well, i think i see what the OP is trying to say and i can see where people might think this is very unreasonable. One thing the OP should keep in mind is that anything after 50 standard lots is about all that can be handled otherwise you will have issues with slippage and orders not being filled properly and so forth. But OP, as long as you can keep pushing those numbers and stay at or below 50standard LOTS (500 pip) then you will still grow the account, just not at that same rate. I never understand why people assume when you get more size, the trader will keep on trading the same percentage, it just doesnt work that way, again, once you hit a certain level, it just does you harm to trade that big. There are ways around this like having two accounts also i guess. But you get the point.

8. cstfx

cstfx

OP, there's a sponsor on this site that offers remote 4xprop.

:D

9. yeah anyone tells me they make 20% per month and asking for money.......RUN!

Rule of thumb: What you can make you can lsoe..

so if you claim to make 20% per month you can easily lose 20% per month.

10. ok so in forex what size can be day traded? I mean there are forex managed companies out there..i presume they trade a few million+ at a time on leverage?

Say you had a $10m account and traded 3X leverage that would be $30m per trade. Is that even possible to day trade with?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, i think i see what the OP is trying to say and i can see where people might think this is very unreasonable. One thing the OP should keep in mind is that anything after 50 standard lots is about all that can be handled otherwise you will have issues with slippage and orders not being filled properly and so forth. But OP, as long as you can keep pushing those numbers and stay at or below 50standard LOTS (500 pip) then you will still grow the account, just not at that same rate. I never understand why people assume when you get more size, the trader will keep on trading the same percentage, it just doesnt work that way, again, once you hit a certain level, it just does you harm to trade that big. There are ways around this like having two accounts also i guess. But you get the point.

#10     Sep 9, 2011