forex price action as an edge

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Eric J, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Thanks, Reaver.

I'll have a try.

#31     Jan 11, 2009
  2. speres

speres

keep using those indicators cable trader :)

On the other hand what your calling irrational I call common sense.........

#32     Jan 12, 2009
  3. couscous

couscous

I'd like to ask a simple question since I just stumbled here. How did you get rid of indicators and started using price action?

#33     Jan 14, 2009
  4. Eric J

Eric J

For proprietary trading indicators are useless . You will miss a lot of trades or get in late when you use indicators .

But to answer your question I right clicked and deleted the indicators .

#34     Jan 14, 2009
  5. Yup, averaging 2k pips per month I guess I really need to change my strategy [​IMG]

Guys, you're missing the whole point of the exercise, success/failure does not depend on whether you use indicators or not!

(speres, if you honestly believe the market applies common sense when it comes to deciding currency values then all I can say is good luck with that anyway, you've obviously never experienced totally irrational 'overbought' and 'oversold' :D )

John Maynard Keynes said "The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent" for a reason you know!

#35     Jan 15, 2009
  6. lol

Ok I'll meet you in the middle, $499,975, and I'll even pay for lunch :D

I'm being facetious of course, to be honest pretty much anything which can be taught or brought is probably not even worth 50 bucks as any prospective purchaser (and potentially consistently profitable trader) should have the insight and analytical thought process to work it out for themselves. That's where the alleged ~90% go wrong, they're too busy looking for a price predictor when they should be focusing on what trading is fundamentally all about.

Your ex was right when he said "all it takes is a few lines on a chart, a bit of PA knowledge and several thousand hours to understand how it fits together", (maybe with the exception of the few thousand hours part!), but at the end of the day it's what an individual trader is comfortable with which counts. Some may perform well with just an empty chart, others may need a host of indicators, both may be just as profitable as the other.

Indicators aren't really anything more than a comfort blanket to help a trader pull the trigger, no-one really knows what price will do, not even the multi-million-dollar corporates with their army of market analysts and top notch economists. So what does that leave? Probability.

#36     Jan 15, 2009
  7. Looks like the book is on sale at ebay:

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=160549

#37     Apr 12, 2009