Forex Platform Advice - Technical Analysis, Real Time Excel Data, Multi-Asset Execution

Discussion in 'Forex' started by corporatecheckm8, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Hi,

I am looking for a new platform for trading mainly FX, some futures (ED's, Commodities, etc.), options (in the future) and am looking for some advice on what others would recommend (that is reasonably priced). I currently have Bloomberg Anywhere that my work pays for ($2k per month) which i use for tracking technical signals (proximity to mavgs, MACD, RSI, pivots, etc.) in excel / extensive charting using technical analysis, and trade via mobile through TD ameritrade ThinkorSwim platform.

I am looking for a new platform where i won't have to rely on bloomberg as i can't independently afford the license. I have found the bloomberg charting capabilities to be the best when trying easily size charts, using drawings on candle charts (trend channels, etc.), track mavg's, etc. and still want to be able to track the technical signals of a large group of currency pairs in one location (preferably in excel and be alerted when certain signals are triggered).

TD thinkorswims charting is clunky in that drawing technicals is difficult and its difficult to quickly change time scales (monthly, weekly, minutes). I have looked at MT4 / MT5 but not extensively and am looking at other platforms but have not been successful in finding my bloomberg alternative. Would be curious if others have used platforms with similar characteristics and what there experiences have been.

Thanks

2. w4rn1ng

w4rn1ng

In my opinion metatrader is very strong, fast and reliable. The only down side is that it is free (for some reason people believe that if something is not expensive it's because have low value).

Ninjatrader also is very good and powerful.
    Sierrachart also is quite powerful and fast.
    Multicharts also is good and fast, and Tradesation is not bad too.

You can even look for some web based platform like tradingview, very nice.

3. Thanks - I have also been looking at CTrader as there seems to be strong following and in many times i compared to Metatrader. Have you or anyone else used this platform?

4. bublu

bublu

I haven't used cTrader so far and instead I am only trading through the MT4. However, i will share my opinion if i use it in future.

5. geedy

geedy

I haven't really tried it, just the regular metatrader. But this could prove good, who knows!

6. bublu

bublu

Every trader have an option to use the platform that suits them best, however i wrote earlier that if i try it i will share my views for sure..

7. geedy

geedy

Yes, it will be nice to get your views here, to see how it all went at the long run.