Forex offices???

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by rtrading, May 14, 2006.

1. rtrading

rtrading

I trade equities, but have been looking into FX. Seems like almost everyone trading FX, trades remotely... is this correct??? Are there FX offices? Does anyone know of any in Chicago? What would be the advantage to an FX office over trading from home?

Just curious...at looking into a new market..

THX!

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

There are quite a few in Chicago. Here is a general rule about Chicago as I am starting to see these types of questions on every thread. Chicago has everything in terms of trading. You want to trade stocks, options, futures, fx, swaps, forwards, exotics, metals, energy, you name it, Chicago has it. It's really not that hard to find these firms as most of them are members of the exchanges. Just trying to point you in the right direction here.

3. No distractions at home. Distractions in the office. You can concentrate better at home. If you trade at home then you can trade NAKED!! You can't do that in the office. :D

4. Yes!! I trade naked plenty of the time!

Short options that is. The art of trading naked.

5. To make me ruples
    To quadruples,
    I do my stuff
    In the buff

6. FXPimp

FXPimp

Yes. most are retail traders from home. The FX offices I know in Chicago are all prop (profit split & training). Good office environments can be very helpful, as well as guidance from veteran traders.

7. FXPimp

FXPimp

Update: I have found one retail forex office in chicago. I stumbled on it from a post on craigslist. www.fxchi.com
    If anyone knows anything about them... I would love to hear it!

Thanks!

8. rtrading

rtrading

Thanks for the info

I will check them out.

9. rtrading

trade at home.... so much better

10. rtrading

rtrading

I can't trade from home, too quiet and not enough action.

fxpimp, thanks for the info. I checked out fx chicago and im going to start trading there. i will keep you informed on how it goes.

Thanks for the replies.

#10     Jun 22, 2006