Forex News Source

Discussion in 'Forex' started by kickout, Oct 15, 2011.

1. but getting back to Opie's question, when I traded wheat corn and beans I was always trying to figure out what the Soviet Union and the USDA and Cargill were thinking, but in forex the fundamentals are so overwhelming, other than everyone is in a race to the bottom, and I don't even know what a Central Bank is so it is kind of refreshing to trade on nothing but price action (even though when it comes down to it that's all I ever traded on anyway (except for the time I thought the drought scare was totally overblown) which is how I blew up my first account.)))

That, and unwise money and trade management.

#21     Oct 20, 2011
  2. kickout

kickout

oldtime, you dont trade wheat and beans anymore? why not, i'm looking to get in them...

#22     Oct 20, 2011
  3. I'm too old for that. In my day it was just us scumbags. Now the whiteshoes like Goldman are getting upwardly mobile clients interested in it. They would have never even mentioned Corn when trying to court a new client. But they have a lot of money, and even when they are wrong (which is most of the time) it makes it hard for the little guy who is right to hang on.

Actually, I got out of it when I put on my first ES globex trade and saw what a good deal globex was for the little trader.

But now you can trade wheat corn and beans on globex so that is a good deal.

I don't like to trade them on anything but fundamentals, but you need deep pockets to survive the idiots who now call themselves hedge funds. Corn is very thin compared to CL or ES or CHF. And in spite of what they tell you, you can't eat corn, especially the crap they grow in IA IL and IN. If you really want to see some good corn go down to Mexico. They grow it anywhere there is a hill nobody wants to farm. Even on the side of every what we would call an interstate interchange. And those boys really know their corn. And their wives help them.

#23     Oct 20, 2011
  4. but if you want to trade wheat corn and beans I certainly wouldn't want to discourage you. Especially if you have a foundation in currencies. The best quote I heard in a long time was "energy is the currency of the future" and ags are nothing more than a by product of oil, at least the way we grow them now.

So getting back to OP's question, it's hard to imagine how the price of a Euro doesn't have something to do with a barrel of crude and how can that not be connected to a bushel of beans?

#24     Oct 20, 2011
  5. There are many traders who thrive or can easily adjust to a thin market. I am not that way and do better in a heavily traded market, which is why I liked ES, but forex, for me, is better.

#25     Oct 20, 2011
  6. but I will say this, in ES the spread is almost never a consideration unless you are trying to trade at night on Christmas Eve. But in forex even though a trillion dollars are trading, the spread can get screwy even on the majors at certain times. I tried to beat it by buying the bid, but for every time I got filled I lost about ten times as much chasing when I wanted to get in. (or out)

#26     Oct 20, 2011
  7. wow, that is cool

thanx

#27     Oct 20, 2011