FOREX Inter-Market Indicators

Discussion in 'Forex' started by InterMarketA, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Hello everyone,

There are some useful Sentiment indicators based on FX Options trading activity and US Yeild Curve analysis.

Just to start a discussion...

As of 07/25/08, US Options Markets Open Interest Ratio was:

EUR/USD 1.13 Neutral
    GBP/USD 1.85 Bearish
    USD/CHF 3.59 Bearish
    USD/JPY 0.83 Bullish
    AUD/USD 0.35 Bullish

US Yield Curve is shifting upward, my reading for 10Yr Yield / 2Yr Yield Ratio is -1.57% at a close on 07/25/08 - Bullish for US Dollar..

Let me know if this is an interesting piece of info. I have more stuff on Oil, Gold, Stocks, Bonds influence on Forex Markets. Inter-Market Analysis is pretty powerful addition to the Trend and Momentum analysis...Opinions welcome!

2. syspool

syspool

Hello,

This is very interesting. I was searching for this data, but couldn't find it. Where is it published?

I have been watching and recording these relationships. But it's tedious to search for and update manually.

Thanks, regards,

Felix

3. It's all public data but in a tricky format so I had to write a macro that runs it quickly. Thanks for reply. I will update with more readings.

4. As of 07/28/08,

Put/Call Sentiment was as following:

EUR/USD - 11.7 Overly Bearish
    AUD/USD - 1.4 Bearish

Options traders are becoming bearish on Aussie!

US Yield Curve gave a Bearish signal for USD (Steep). (10Y Yield/ 2Y Yield +2.7%).

5. syspool

syspool

6. Thank you. Not many people are interested in my Sentiment indicators: EUR and AUD bets by options traders were right though. I haven't seen bearish reading for Aussie for a long time.

7. EUR/USD Put/Call was 0.18 - Overly Bullish, while AUD/USD continued with Bearish reading - 1.52.

US Yield Curve signaled -0.75, Bullish for USD...

8. EUR/USD gave "Overly Bullish" signal yesterday 0.18, right after "Overly Bearish" 11.7 Put/Call reading on 07/28/08: Options traders have been united on the directional decisions for the past two days..

AUD/USD CONTINUED WITH STRONG BEARISH SENTIMENT FOR THE THIRD DAY IN A ROW (1.52). OPTIONS FOLKS CONTINUED TO BET ON THE AUSSIES FALL!

However, Gold and Oil are currently Oversold, ready for the rally!

US Yield Curve Sentiment signaled -0.75%, Bullish for USD (Curve Flattened).

9. EUR/USD gave "Overly Bullish" signal yesterday 0.18, right after "Overly Bearish" 11.7 Put/Call reading on 07/28/08: Options traders have been united on the directional decisions for the past two days..

AUD/USD CONTINUED WITH STRONG BEARISH SENTIMENT FOR THE THIRD DAY IN A ROW (1.52). OPTIONS FOLKS CONTINUED TO BET ON THE AUSSIES FALL!

However, Gold and Oil are currently Oversold, ready for the rally!

US Yield Curve Sentiment signaled -0.75%, Bullish for USD (Curve Flattened).