Forex factory down???

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by RangeTrader, Aug 17, 2012.

1. check DailyFx.com with ForexFactory as each of them miss news releases at times.

#11     Aug 17, 2012
  2. You know what amazes me? How damn well price/volume analysis works in Forex...

All I needed to see was that one candle and I was like sh*t... Looks like I'm wrong about the uptrend... Candles three and four there should also have had new highs...

A decisive solid uptrend shouldn't have volume spikes except when pushing into new highs...

Crazy Europeans sure know how to gamble!

#12     Aug 17, 2012
  3. I don't really care what the news is. I just don't like holding position during a release unless there is a strong trend.

#13     Aug 17, 2012
  4. Are we having fun yet? LoL... :D

Missed that long setup. Was sitting there waiting for a lows retest to buy... No dip... No dip... Still going! *Scratches head.*

If you ask me that news was front run. After a pullback like that you expect the lows to be retested or at least a two candle dip before running it.

#14     Aug 17, 2012
  5. Arrr, dang... Picked the wrong bottom. Excited on 50% retrace bounce for three pips profit... Rotflmao!

Gawd, just not my night... I'm a bit too bullish the euro for this market...

At least price strength was strong enough to let me out of that position for sure.

#15     Aug 17, 2012
  6. Enjoy the hourly sell cycle bears. I hope it's a big one...

That was one of the most dizzying hourly rally cycles I have yet seen on the EUR/USD...

Those Europeans play a very solid game. Gotta be on your toes!

If only I had went short at the moments I excited my two longs tonight I would have gotten a boatload more pips... I was only watching for long setups though... Meh!

#16     Aug 17, 2012
    #17     Aug 17, 2012
  8. Wait, nm you just started another thread to list your trades (again)

Nice bait and switch

#18     Aug 17, 2012