Forex Difficulty

Discussion in 'Forex' started by elomich, Sep 8, 2009.

1. sws2179

sws2179

Fx is not as hard as some people think but it requires you to trade in long and odd hours, there are times when volatility is good you can jump in and out of the market at will and make or lose tons of money just like ES futures. Other times it’s a trendy market, just be patient and wait for the market to come your way… It’s also important to keep an eye on the fundamentals; fx is very volatile after the news released. Good luck.

#11     Sep 9, 2009
  2. elomich

elomich

If you had read the thread, you may have noticed that I have been trading it for some time now.

#12     Sep 9, 2009
  3. elomich

elomich

I agree. The odd hours definitely add some to the difficulty level. I keep an eye on an economic calendar as well. Good luck to you as well.

#13     Sep 9, 2009
  4. Just move to Europe, then the hours aren't odd at all.

#14     Sep 9, 2009

5. Don't get your undies in a bundle. Your question did not ring of someone with years of experience, that's all I meant.

#15     Sep 9, 2009
  6. elomich

elomich

Sorry to have come off that way. I have experience in Forex but little in other markets, so I was just wondering what traders who have experience in both have to say.

Might you be one of them? Good trading.

#16     Sep 10, 2009
  7. All the markets you mentioned are commodities. And all allow for suicidal amounts of leverage, most of which should NEVER be used in live trading. This already puts most people at a disadvantage who can't control themselves.

A good comparison would be the JPY pairs vs the ES. Here we have a situation where the two actually correlate heavily over time. However, the ES is more direction and really takes off when the trend changes (ie. don't wait for retracements on the daily!). The JPYs on the other hand are much noiser on the daily chart but are slower moving.

Each market requires a different strategy.

#17     Sep 10, 2009
  8. im wondering how hes been trading for "long" time but wanted someone to expand on leverage......????......

someone trying to start an arguement about the hardest market or whatever

#18     Sep 10, 2009
  9. elomich

elomich

I'm not trying to start an argument, rather a discussion.

I have a basic understanding of leverage, but mine has always been the same and I don't think that will change.

#19     Sep 10, 2009
  10. elomich

elomich

Thanks for the good response. I agree that JPY is quite noisy on the daily chart but I do trade quite a bit in it.

I'd say EUR/JPY also has a lot of noise, and out of the rest of the markets I trade, those 2 take that title.

#20     Sep 10, 2009