Forex Daytrading a Losing game?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by GaryN, Nov 2, 2007.

1. If you trade right and find the right pattern of course you can make money. The ones that dont are letting greed, fear or just plain being stupid control there trading. Trade with the right tools and with no emotion and you will be alright. Ignore people like this!

#51     Sep 24, 2009
  2. ell i'll only intra-daytrade the 6E but fx is better for day-to-days trading since the
    margin doesn't increase for o/n trading

as to trading methods, well there's lots of those
    since my method's based on EW, the basic pattern repeats continually forming
    part of the next larger scale so one can 'scalp' for a pip or two or more off a say
    10 tick chart

since a lot of EW enables projecting price targets using the EW patterns plus
    additional tools it throws up the question whether it's simpler to trade dtd rather
    than going to all the trouble and monitor time required of intra-daytrading
    so the question might be how does one want to use their time

#52     Sep 24, 2009
  3. sakhter

sakhter

I've been trading forex for 1 1/2 years and I can tell you that you are very, very, extremely wrong.

"All Movements in Short Time Frames Are Random"

WRONG.

"If we all knew tomorrows price today we would all be millionaires but we don�t � and neither do we know what will happen tomorrow, so there not worth the paper their written on."

If a large volume order came in, don't you think the market will try to stop you out before you hit your target? If I knew *FOR A FACT* EURO was going to $1.48 when it was $1.47. Do you think I would wager $10,000 a tick?! What if it goes down 200 points before coming up 300 points? Can you hold that drawdown??? Does the 200 point retrace mean I am wrong if my target still hits?

I am running a fucking marathon, not a sprint. You can have the best strategy, execution, spread. But greed is the ultimate forex killer.

#53     Sep 25, 2009
  4. dodo

dodo

For any newbie trading intraday is a suicide. However, there are traders out there who are really good at trading like this. for example fxsurfer on moneytec from about 3-4 years ago. He would hold a position for days but rarely weeks.
    He was really strict on risk reward ratios and that's mainly how he was able to be constantly profitable.

#54     Sep 25, 2009
  5. freeze83

freeze83

How about balancing trades between short and long term time frames? Is that possible?

#55     Sep 25, 2009
  6. sakhter

sakhter

If you are still allowed to *hedge* yes.

#56     Sep 25, 2009
  7. Haha, as I remember it FXSurfer blew up when he bet the farm shorting Eur/Usd from 1.21 saying it wouldn't break above 1.30 ('Big Mama Wave C', remember that? :) ), he said if it did he would quit trading!

When it did break 1.30 (as quite a few people told him it would) he started a signal service with his sidekick Stoxx, lol, another useless Elliot Waver!

Turned out they were both con men just out to promote their paid-for signal and 'training' services, both had multiple aliases on Moneytec....can't find the screenshots which Soultrader did of their ID's and IP's now but I came across these two, lol, takes me back to my nightmare GFT days.....they busted that Gbp/Usd trade, bitches!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#57     Sep 25, 2009