Forex Data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by 5yrtrader, Jun 8, 2005.

1. 5yr ... the aussie futures contract probably didnt exist before that data ... just looked at my futures data and it starts in 87.

#11     Jun 8, 2005
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

HAHA.. Retail FX is a scam. You wont make money on it. Youd have a better chance with someone selling a black box that wont give you any statements :)) No wonder your so angry.

Brandon

#12     Jun 8, 2005
  3. paradox

paradox

www.csidata.com

#13     Jun 8, 2005
  4. jnash

jnash

Joe, look for item # 5980618227 on ebay. Forex only goes back 3 or 4 years, but I mainly was interested in the indices for my testing.

#14     Jun 8, 2005
  5. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

I have AUDUSD going back to October 1978. I got it free from Metatrader (a free forex platform offered by several brokers). Just open up a daily chart in MT and then go to the Tools menu and open up the History Center. You can export the data from there in ASCII format. Daily goes back quite a bit for most pairs, intraday goes back a couple weeks.

No need to pay anyone for it.

#15     Jun 8, 2005
  6. jnash

jnash

Anyone know how far back esignal goes back? I know the data can be exported easily from the platform.

#16     Jun 8, 2005
  7. Thanks paradox, but we already use CSI and we have esignal, looking for other sources.

5yr

#17     Jun 9, 2005
  8. Who said I was retail? We just want the data to test some stuff and to compare againist the data we already have. The wide spreads that retail FX uses to scam most traders out of their money won't affect us.

5yr

#18     Jun 9, 2005