Forex data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by WarEagle, Jan 23, 2002.

1. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Hi all,

I've been wanting to test some system ideas on forex data, but am having trouble finding any that will work with TradeStation. Does anyone know of 1) a provider of historical intraday data (minimum of 30 min bars) for the major forex pairs and 2) a realtime data feed that will work with TradeStation 2000i? It seems odd to me that this would be hard to find, but I've had no luck. I've been able to find forex quote feeds, but the ones I'm familiar with that work with TS (quote.com, etc.) don't seem to carry any forex data.

TIA,

Kirk

2. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Thanks SciTrader, I didn't realize esignal offered forex. I'll check them out.

Kirk

3. dozu888

dozu888

anybody long JPY? must be a rich man now.

4. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Dozu,

I've been playing around with several demo accounts lately. I've been long the USD/JPY for the last week, no real reason to get out, just keeps going up. I wish the e-mini's trended like this! I only wish there was a better setup where you didn't have to pay a 5 pip spread on every trade through a broker that makes their own market...I guess ecn's and globex have spoiled me.

But for the longer term, it sure does trend well, and on that timeframe 5 pips is doable. That's why I want to test out some ideas if I can find some historical data.

Kirk