forex data backfills HELP REQ

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by yus.caesar, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Hello guys,

I need a bit of help in backfilling my data. Since IB does not provide more than a day old 1 minute data, this forum is where I can turn to again for some help :)

I would appreciate if any can provide the following: (GMT +7)
    1) 5 min chart of usd/jpy and eur/usd (july 30)
    2) 1 min chart of usd/jpy and eur/usd (july 30, 7pm - 8:15pm) --- usd adp employment news
    3) 1 min chart of aud/usd (july 31, 8:30am - 9:30 am --- aud retail sales news
    4) 1 min chart of usd/chf (july 31, 12:45pm - 01:45 pm) --- chf cpi news
    5) 1 min chart of gbp/usd (july 31, 1pm - 2pm) --- gbp nationwide news
    6) 1 min chart of usd/jpy AND eur/usd (july 31, 7:30pm - 08:30pm) --- usd advanced gdp news.

I know that I'm asking for a lot here, but I don't know where else to turn to but this forum. Anyone can also recommend me to websites that can provide free delayed data for forex for several days backfills? for 1 minutes that is.

Your help is much appreciated,

Yus

2. cvds16

cvds16

you can do it with IB, get ninjatrader (= free) and backfill with IB and you will get what you want.

3. Thank you so much for your recommendation. I downloaded it and liked it a lot. I tried quote tracker and quote trader but their free hype didn't live up to my expectation. Only 2 days back fills for one of them. So thanks again.

Consider thread is closed :D

4. cvds16

cvds16

depends a bit on what you need it for, if I want to look at longer term charts ninjatrader is the best, for my actual trading I use the paid version of quotetracker (one of the things I like about it is more indicators and the fact you can more easily draw trendlines, I depend on this last thing a lot)