Forex.com?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by lindec, Oct 12, 2008.

1. forex.com blows some people say they are crooks and change things...

i dunno i think its cause those people just made a bad trade

but i did notice some differences in their charts vrs. oanda's charts.

like alot of signals where not there and price didnt hit certain areas around the same time which makes me believe one of two things

maybe forex.com is lagged which is bad
    or they change things

#11     Oct 23, 2008
  2. benking

benking

correct me if I'm wrong cause probably I don't have enough knowledge about this, but...isn't the difference between an ECN and a market maker that the market maker takes the opposite trade to all its customers and the ECN just sends the trade through to the market -- which in forex would be whatever banks/other traders/institutions the broker has a relationship with? And if that's the case then the MM's data would reflect that difference, i.e. their buying and selling of your orders would affect the data they are feeding you, and thus the difference in feeds/timing...possibly?
    not that i'm supporting gain's BS service and sneaky ways..but that's only a suspicion b/c I didn't compare them with another feed/broker when I used them. I think you really have to have several feeds and orders going simultaneously with several different brokers to make a decent comparison - and to catch them in the act of whatever manipulation/incompetencies you suspect them of...

#12     Dec 12, 2008
  3. chalice

chalice

My advice is to stay away. They have a good customer service but the platform has not much to offer in regard of tools. Bad graphical tools.

#13     Dec 30, 2008
  4. Reealjrd

Reealjrd

Clients who used them are not satisfied with the platform. However, have low spreads on EUR/USD but had to go due to the platform? Some other issues with them are holding your deposit (by credit card) for more than 30 days. You can trade, but cannot make a withdrawal until the 30 days are up. In addition, it seems like whenever client place a trade with a stop loss attached to the original order, the stop loss is hunted down and hit quickly. This happens a lot…

#14     May 28, 2009