forex.com Problems possible faulty servers

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by NoWorries, Sep 26, 2006.

1. A week ago I signed up for a mini account with www.forex.com. This morning I was not able to acces my account on-line for about 2 hours. Support staff told me they were experiencing problems with their ISP that affected connectivity to a small number of clients (of which I was one).

I wonder if this was an exception, or something I can expect to happen on a regular basis, and would like to know if others have had similar experiences with forex.com in the past.

2. Moe27

Moe27

run like hell.

3. jebara

jebara Guest

It happened to me, when i was a customer. They say its some customers, but its most of them. They lessen the problem, but it is a very big problem.

4. TheFinn

TheFinn

Forex.com is crap, dude. I know because I used to trade with them. Trade with Oanda. You can trade any size with them.

Finn

5. Finn,
    Would you mind to share your experiences in some more detail? The reason I opened an account with them is that they have an interface to TradeBolt, which Oanda doesn't. I also have an Oanda account, by the way, and am very happy with it.

6. TheFinn

TheFinn

To be honest, I only did a few 'live' trades with them, but 6 months with demo account. The problem with them is that for a regular account, the minimun size you can trade is 1 lot, which is about $1,000. If you start with 5K is your account, 1 trade is 20% of your NAV. You can setup a mini account, but you max you can have in that account is like $2,500 or something. I just don't see why you would use them if you could trade with Oanda. Oh, also, Forex.com interface SUCKS and it seems to be down a lot.

7. pavejon

pavejon

I have over $4k in a mini account with FOREX.COM. Never had a problem.

8. TheFinn

TheFinn

I'm just going by what they told me on the phone. I called to find out if I could trade a smaller size with a regular account (smaller than 1 lot), they said I had to have a good reason and had to fill out a special form to do that. So I was thinking I would just open a mini account with the same amount of money and trade smaller, but the guy on the phone told me the max size was like $2500 or $3000 or something. I'm just telling you what the guy on the phone told me.

9. I searched through my trading agreement and the information on their website but was not able to find any statement on max account sizes for a mini account.

However, they state that "The leverage for mini accounts with an initial deposit exceeding $2,500 will be set to 100:1 (1%)". Could that be causing the confusion?

10. TheFinn

TheFinn

Possibly, however I swear the guy told me directly: "The maximum size for a mini account is x dollars." Maybe it was that guy's first day or something.

#10     Oct 4, 2006