Forex.com/Gain Capital???

Discussion in 'Forex' started by fx255, Nov 1, 2005.

1. In fast moving markets, I have been "re-quoted" but got the option not to take the new price. The worst that happened therefore was I didn't enter.

Did you get filled automatically at the re-quoted price?

Bear with me, I have probably mis-understood.

Best regards
    Morty

#11     Nov 1, 2005
  2. No I did not get filled, what would drive me nuts was I would see an intraday chart pattern then try to enter with a market buy, then it would sit their and it would turn yellow or something I forget maybe a message, then I would quickly try it again same thing would happen. I was only trading 100k lots, its not like I was trying to get a market fill on 10 million. I kept happening so I closed the account.

#12     Nov 1, 2005
  3. wow, never happened to me. i'm trading 100k lots too. maybe they improved?

#13     Nov 1, 2005
  4. Maybe so

#14     Nov 1, 2005
  5. with all due respect to the "paid sponsor" who is

placing an "ad" in this thread ... please stop

it really makes you or your firm look silly

in my opinion ...

:)

#15     Nov 1, 2005
  6. Mortysill,

I believe you are talking about RefcoFX / FXCM that offers you a new price and does that 5 second clock countdown thing. I'm not positive but I'm fairly certain.

If you try to take an offer on the GAIN platform that is not there, they will simply send a message back saying "Rates Changed". If you see a 20 offer on your platform and GAIN is showing a 21 bid there and you send an order basically crossing the market, the deal won't be done. Mostly it's due to internet lag or very fast markets.

#16     Nov 1, 2005
  7. I've blown up 2 mini accounts at forex.com in the past year or so. Never had a problem with the deals.

After demoing at least half a dozen firms/platforms, I chose forex.com based on (in addition to all the usual concerns) the platform... be wary of the charting however. The EXACT source of chart quotes(not to be confused w/deal quotes) is unknown. I suggest using Esignal (or similar) forex feed w/external charting.

pips to you,
    OsoRico

#17     Nov 1, 2005
  8. I'm glad he did. I just downloaded the trading software and applied for a demo account. When they send me my password I will try it out.

I'm presently with RefcoFX Canada and am looking for a new broker.

#18     Nov 2, 2005
  9. fhr999

fhr999

Try Currenex
    Spread Euro/doll 1 pip
    Doll/yen 1 pip
    Doll/chf 2 pip sometimes 1 pip
    Cable 2 or 3 pips
    Euro/yen 2 pips

#19     Nov 2, 2005
  10. Thanks. I'm sure you right. I haven't had it happen for a while. The point is that this problem leads to NOT getting filled - it doesn't lead to losses.

I agree that the most common cause for getting filled at a given level is a slow internet connection (which may not be a local problem) and a fast moving market.

On a technical note, I would suggest the 'ping' command if you suspect a slow connection. With Windows XP, click the 'Run' command from the Start menu. Type 'cmd'. Then type in 'ping www.google.com -t'. The connection speed should be less than 20 ms.

I also have problems with data feeds across firewalls. Both Gain and FXCM platforms lock up regularly. Does anybody have any ideas how I solve this?

Best regards
    Morty

#20     Nov 2, 2005