Forex charts with volume

Discussion in 'Forex' started by trader56, Mar 9, 2008.

1. I find it more funny.

#11     Mar 10, 2008
  2. Agreed.

Atticus - make with the link or correct your mistake.

#12     Mar 10, 2008
  3. It's kinda scary how many of you seem to suffer from head trauma. HotSpot is an ECN and as such operates a closed, centralized marketplace. They offer price and [gasp!] VOLUME data as a $20 premium to the GTIS feed. Linking it wouldn't do any good as I am suspect as to your literacy. I suggest you call esignal and ask for a free trial or inquire about the HotSpot ECN volume. I assume you're capable of using a modern, touch-tone phone?

Direct from HotSpot: Depth of market represents the total volume traded by Hotspot FX users. There is no volume statistic reported for the foreign exchange industry. Therefore all volume numbers reported are internal.

What a pile of phucktards. I expected more from KGB as a HotSpot client. Thanks for your support.

#13     Mar 10, 2008
  4. HotSpot price/volume is also available on Quotrek for free when you sub to the GTIS feed. You can chart volume on esignal, quotrek and marketcenter.

#14     Mar 10, 2008
  5. atticus - I simply asked for a link. Nothing on eSignal or HotSpot's website mentions anything about volume feed (i.e. nominal amount traded).

Their description is poorly worded and may have led you astray. Depth of market != volume!

Why would HS offer to eSignal subscribers for $20 what they don't even offer to their institutional clients on FXi? Try thinking logically instead of resulting to profanity...

#15     Mar 10, 2008
  6. No, you asked for a retraction as well.

They offer volume and I've used the product. The volume histogram is produced on the esignal charts when quoting HOTSPOT tickers. I was never using their DOM, save for a short time while using the FX/FXi app. It's not $20 -- it's a $20 premium to the GTIS fee. Quit arguing and call esignal.

To state that an ECN cannot provide volume data is laughable.

#16     Mar 10, 2008
  7. I would imagine that ANY broker could provide a volume on their own platform, as it would calculate only their own trades. Not to be paranoid, but imagine how deceptive you could be with a DOM display of your own making.

#17     Mar 10, 2008
  8. KGB is referring to the order book; bids and offers outside BBO. I am specifically referring to the volume histogram charts produced on GTIS HotSpot tickers.

#18     Mar 10, 2008
  9. Then it makes sense. I think, frequently, some of us forget that all our trades/quotes are with our host broker.

#19     Mar 10, 2008
  10. You're correct. FOREX feeds are split between 6 separate INTERBANK feeds. Somes banks use one feed some use more but no single location uses all of them. This means that ANY volume one gets is only related to the feeds it is monitoring . . . not all of them.

The CME and Reuters were in the process of negotiating to merge all of the feeds into one when they (CME) began negotiating with CBOT.

CME's goal is still to offer a feed in the futures which will merge all of the INTERBANK feeds into one.

#20     Mar 10, 2008