Forex Brokers and Volume of Various Pairs

Discussion in 'Forex' started by mike89, Jun 15, 2021.

1. mike89

mike89

I want to test my system but I am new to forex. My system works well with futures contracts that have good trading volume ( No of Contracts traded daily ) like ES, NQ, CL, GC etc.

When I searched for top 10 pairs traded it gave me the list but with my FXCM data they barely have 50K lots traded daily. Then I came across " centralcharts_Com & they list 128 pairs and top 10 pairs are nowhere near the pairs that I see listed.

https://www.centralcharts.com/en/pr.../ts_48-forex-128-currency-pairs--qc_14-volume

So

(1) What are the top 15 to 20 pairs traded ? From above site it seems exotic pairs have much more volume.

(2) Which brokers have the highest volume ( No of lots traded for each pair ) ?

(3) Which platforms are very popular for forex trading ?

(4) Wouldn't intraday Charts ( Minute, Tick, Volume ) be different for each broker ?

Thank you.

2. BKR88

BKR88

In the U.S., Oanda is good.
    MT4 is the most popular FX platform.
    Highest volume would be US$ pairs with EU being #1. Other active are GU, UJ, AU, UCad, UChf, NU, etc.. Most active have the lowest spreads. (see below from Oanda). Yen pairs also pretty good such as EJ, AJ, GJ, etc... Toss our everything on your list.
    Lower timeframe charts a bit different between brokers but HTFs pretty equal. Volume different as it's a decentralized market.
    a.1.png

3. Tradex

Tradex

What FXCM data exactly?

4. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

I would say any crosses that incorporate the Majors, even if they are considered exotics.
    Of course one needs to have low spreads too.

5. Tradex

Tradex

On the website mentioned above USD/NOK has 4 times more volume than EUR/USD (by far the most traded currency pair on earth).
    Where do they get these numbers from??

6. Tradex

Tradex

Here are the most traded currency pairs.
    We notice that EUR/USD, USD/JPY and GBP/USD represent more than half (52%) of the total volume:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    BKR88 likes this.
  7. mike89

mike89

Being new to forex, let me see if I understand your two letter symbols :

GU = GBP/EUR, UJ = USD/JPY, AU = AUD/USD, UCaD = USD/CAD, UChf = USD/CHF, NU = NZD/USD OR NOK/USD ?

Can you please tell me the aprox daily volume ( No of Lots traded ) for some of these pairs ?

And how did the website I posted got their volume ? It does not match with popular pairs. Their exotics have the highest volume.

Thanks

8. mike89

mike89

I have the same question. May be BKR88 or someone else know the answer.

9. BKR88

BKR88

GU = GBPUSD
    NU = NZDUSD
    ***Others are correct. Forward slash not needed.

Oanda does approximately $10 billion per day in all markets combined so not very likely you'll have liquidity problems. Major pairs (USD) will have a large % of the total.

Wherever you received the volume data, it's wrong so ignore it. Tradex graph above is correct.

10. Ttinaev

Ttinaev

Of course, he works with a broker that provides maximum conditions and simplicity, which is very convenient, which is why I am now working with Expertoption.

#10     Jun 21, 2021