forex and TA? why would it work?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by sjfan, Jun 5, 2009.

1. R1234

R1234

http://www.autumngold.com/Advisor/Statistics/cta_profile.php?id=429

http://www.autumngold.com/Advisor/Statistics/cta_profile.php?id=107

I don't trade technicals, I trade econometric models. But I do think technicals work over the long term.

The above two links show performance of a couple of big CTA firms that trade exclusively technicals, and have been doing it for many years.

#11     Jun 6, 2009
  2. achilles28

achilles28

I'm glad so many traders doubt TA.

Seems like its almost 90%.....:D

#12     Jun 7, 2009
  3. speres

speres

The only decent post so far..

what the op doesnt realise is that a market has to be made and its been going on for decades.

#13     Jun 7, 2009
  4. Interesting data. The first advisor has a much smaller drawdown but assets have been declining as opposed to the second who has more than 25% max drawdown but assets have been rising.

#14     Jun 7, 2009
  5. We have a winner!

How can anyone knock a strategy, no matter what it is, if it works for the user and consistently produces results.

#15     Jun 7, 2009
  6. Exactly.

This is what is so funny with all these forums, these people who come with absolutes about what does and doesn't work.

These are the people to ignore.

#16     Jun 7, 2009
  7. aceholic

aceholic

TA is a graphical/mathematical depiction of mass psychology. And more recently, it's a depiction of the automation created to take advantage of mass psychology.

People tend to think in patterns and act in patterns. TA shows it and gives you the possibility to exploit it.

#17     Jun 8, 2009
  8. The most important aspect of fx trading imo is def controlling the amount of leverage you use for your trades

Most traders I know do very well with only using 30x their capital since they are fairly adept at technical analysis

#18     Jun 9, 2009