Forex and Futures in same account

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by daytrader85, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Hi,
    Does anyone know of any other firm besides Interactive Brokers, that allows you to trade both futures and forex products from the same account/platform?

Thanks.

2. Stacked

Stacked

trade station.

3. Thanks!

4. J-Trade

J-Trade

Presently, you need two separate accounts with TS for forex & futures. The forex account uses GAIN Capital's platform, futures via TS8 platform (order bar or matrix). The accounts are NOT cross-marginable, which is a pain in the butt.

You cannot auto-execute forex strategies yet, although TS - who have been promising this for years - have recently announced it will be in the next major release (along with Eurex data) "soon", whatever that means.

If fx auto-execution is needed, you can use TradeBolt or Advanz AutoFX, neither of which I have used (I use CME fx futures for automated forex via TS).

So, if you want the equivalent of a Universal account with IB, TS does not yet offer it.

Best is to have accounts with both : TS charting remains by far the best I've seen and is free (less rt data fees) with 10 futures trades a month. IB is the best brokerage in my limited experience (account there almost 10 years).

HTH.

J.

Edit : the GAIN platform is fine for longer term trading, hopeless for faster intraday trading : it's one of those Java-based web-platform contraptions.

5. Oh alright, thanks for the advice.

6. TradeBolt

TradeBolt TradeBolt, LLC

Hi Guys

We'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about autotrading forex or futures (or both).

Please feel free to call 800-977-2658, email support@tradebolt.com, or drop us a line on our ET forum.

Thanks
    TradeBolt