Foreigners!!!!!! you just cannot trust them

Discussion in 'Economics' started by fearless9, Sep 18, 2008.

1. and when the enemy is within ... what then.

Israel has tried ever trick in the book and in sixty years has only succeeded in digging a deeper hole for it's citizens.
    British Empire survives today only in like minded zones.

It is one thing to write a book, it is quite another to lay down the foundations that others can build upon.

regards
    f9

#51     Sep 21, 2008
  2. fearless9,

how do you get ANYTHING to work in the world - you start with TRUST and show INTEGRITY.
    Any system must be constructed so that trust is complete.

Do you TRUST a pilot to fly an Airbus 380 or Boeing 747 using wires and levers?
    No - we have a NEUTRAL SYSTEM - a TOOL - of our extension, which when we push a button - it starts working - but the intelligence is OURS - because the system is only an extension - just like a hammer.

When you depend on possible human error - you GET human error --- corruption, greed, fraud.
    A machine does not think - YOU do the thinking and decision by starting it, pushing buttons etc. That is why we TRUST these systems - like ABS braking, navigational systems, calculators, medical equipment etc.

An "enemy within" is powerless as long as he is "out of the loop" in the system. And technical systems are not fused into humans - they are SEPARATE - i.e human error in a technical system is impossible -- ultimately: corruption, fraud, greed is impossible BY DESIGN.

Am I right or am I right?
    :)

#52     Sep 21, 2008
  3. You may well be right or wrong that is not the issue that bothers me.

What bothers me is that when you exclude a part of society and especially a part that you know to have different cultural values then you are playing a dangerous game.

When the Blacks had no say in the British, French and Belgian African colonies you guarantee an unpleasant outcome for yourselves .
    Israel has determined it's own fate so long as Palestinians are denied access to their homelands.

US was promised civil war by African Americans denied the vote.
    The gov realising that they were on a "hiding to nothing", in fact went too far in the opposite direction thus jepardising another law abiding sector of the community, in their search to appease.
    The list goes on and on.

If minority cultures occupy the same land within a synthetic political regime (which is most countries these days) then they must be permitted into that society and bear the same rights to meet the law and pay taxes.
    The sooner all parties are committed and stand to lose a part of their gains each time they transgress, then the sooner they begin to nourish their society even though they are culturally diverse.
    Is'nt this a founding cornerstone of US.

Leave them out in the cold and they have nothing to lose.
    Fill the heads of the young ones with absurd notions and you have real trouble.

The great problem today is that disenfranchised groups in one corner of the world can spread their grievances to another corner of the world by establishing a commonality where it should'nt exist.

If you had to give it a name you might chose "The Bush Doctrine"
    The problem here is that BD is meant to flow in one direction only.
    Funnily enough the Brits handed out Christianity in return for raw commodities and as an added sweetener they handed out British Passports.

Who could have ever believed that a few decades later London would have Jamaicans working on their buses in the middle of a typical English winter all because their British passport entitled them to do so.

So, no I cannot say whether you are right (or wrong) G, because we must hold differing values.

regards
    f9

#53     Sep 21, 2008
  4. A Direct Democracy includes everyone - and do not constitute any hierarchical command.

A democracy should be without bias - that is what it is supposed to be. It has nothing to do with morals - and morality is derived from religions. Ethics, on the other hand is about actions - not thoughts.

We must have trust and integrity - which is the very foundation for any relation - business or social, technical and systemic.

I hold no "values" with regards to what you are talking about - I look at the sustainability and integrity of a SYSTEM. If it works - it works. If the system is to be replaced, evolved - then ok. A system must have transparency by those electing to have the system. If there is a systemic error - bias - then, we fix it.

It's simplistic and technical - just like that.
    What is technical about this is that a system must have trust and integrity throughout its structure.
    That goes for religions, science, social systems, economies, computers, programs, apparatus ... and so on. It is PARAMOUNT to a government - if it is to be a democracy - and not an oligarchy.

#54     Sep 21, 2008
  5. gwivxvvv

gwivxvvv

hi, dont wory too much, even CHina brave to say that, but i doubt if we r brave to do so, as in China mainland, the reputation of USA among the public is very high, USD is much more valuable even if it has no worth, take an example , if in oneday, USD have a zero value, and u have the chance come to CHina, and if u just gave maybe only 50USD to a common person in China, i garentee u can get a highly returned RMB, as the USA and USD 's reputation is very high, to be honest, this is the tragedy of my nation, and u know what, in CHina if someone who got a Chance to USA for whatever reason, the people surround him or her will absolutely change the attitude torfard him or her only because they have been to USA, so this is what this country looks like, hehe...........

#55     Oct 4, 2008