Foreigners are fascinated with our politics. Why?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ivanovich, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Mnphats

Mnphats

Huge hockey fan. Grew up in northern MN which is ALL hockey. I love college hockey. Been to Canada numerous times for hockey from Calgary to Ottawa. Brother played D1 in Upstate in NY and I flew into Ottawa quite frequently. His team was 90% Canucks from major juniors due to proximity to Canada.

#51     Apr 22, 2010
  2. Ricter

Ricter

This is a very forgiving board, and forgiving moderators. Easy to take advantage of.

#52     Apr 22, 2010
  3. Good stuff. How are you enjoying the playoffs this year? I'm loving all of the close games.

Is D1 the top tier US college league? My friend's brother played college puck for Colgate a few years ago.

#53     Apr 22, 2010
  4. I figured you would dodge the question and attempt some silly deflecting, much the same way I knew you'd run to the feedback forum the first chance you had.

#54     Apr 22, 2010
  5. One word explanation .. Envy...

Envy permeates all leftist-ideology

(and greed, .. which seems to go both ways, more-so then envy)

#55     Apr 22, 2010
  6. Not sure I can agree. Are you saying non-americans are interested in US politics because of envy? That may be the case in some folks, but the majority I think are more interested because of the reasons Kazz was discussing.

Now for those on THIS forum, it could be closer to 50/50, based on some of the venom loosed.

#56     Apr 22, 2010
  7. Mnphats

Mnphats

Yes Division 1 is the top tier for college hockey. Colgate plays in the ECAC league which my brother played in as well.

Waiting for the NHL to get back to real hockey (north american style) no more eastern european style hockey for me. But enjoy watching the north american players excel.

#57     Apr 22, 2010

8. No, people are interested in interesting things, and at the risk of sounding jingoistic the USA is the most interesting place on earth.

Foreigners on this board who make an exercise of attempting to destroy the traditions of America do so for no other reason... It's certainly not strategic on these poster's part

#58     Apr 22, 2010
  9. I would also disagree with envy...

I think you would be hard-pressed to find a Canadian who would admit to being envious of American politics...

#59     Apr 22, 2010

10. I wonder if it is only North Americans that prefer North American style hockey? Do Europeans prefer European style hockey? Or are they envious of North American style?

#60     Apr 22, 2010