Foreigners are fascinated with our politics. Why?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ivanovich, Apr 22, 2010.

1. I could have asked people, I suppose, but it is unlikely that all would tell the truth. I know you wouldn't.

#31     Apr 22, 2010
  2. This is what made me wonder about the whole idea in the first place. I can't imagine caring enough for other country's politics either.

#32     Apr 22, 2010
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

At the risk of being presumptuous I'll figure I'm one of the eight.

Georgia here, about 40 miles north of Atlanta in case anyone wants some face to face time.

You're a fucking drama queen.

#33     Apr 22, 2010
  4. Ricter

Ricter

That's kinda what my questions were driving at. There's over 6 billion people on Earth who are foreigners (to us), and I seriously doubt a very significant number of them discuss US politics.

#34     Apr 22, 2010
  5. Of course you as an American wouldn't care about Canadian or UK politics. They have little to no effect on the lives of Americans. Conversely, the politics of the USA has a major impact on the rest of the world.

It is not about interest in the alleged liberty of the USA, it is due to American media shoving American politics down our throat 24/7. I know people in Canada who have no idea who the leader of the opposition is in Canada. But you bet your ass they've heard of Sarah Palin (who is relevent because......?). When you see and hear it everyday, it becomes a topic of conversation.

#35     Apr 22, 2010
  6. I am sorry, but I do not understand why it is difficult to see why other countries care about USA politics but USA cares little for other countries' politics. It is perfectly logical.

#36     Apr 22, 2010
  7. You are, yes.

#37     Apr 22, 2010
  8. This type of candid and honest response is refreshing. Thank you.

#38     Apr 22, 2010

9. Minnesota... Land of 10,000 Lakes... where the mosquitoes are big enough to tote off your brogans...

#39     Apr 22, 2010
  10. Mnphats

Mnphats

Mosquitoes are the state bird.

:D

#40     Apr 22, 2010