Foreigners are fascinated with our politics. Why?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ivanovich, Apr 22, 2010.

1. I can explain my politics, and I could tell you my citizenship...but I prefer not to.

#11     Apr 22, 2010
  2. You are correct in everything you've stated. And yes, that is what I mean.

I would even take it a step further and ask why are they here to discuss US politics?

#12     Apr 22, 2010
  3. I think it would be interesting to know where some of the more active posters live. Might give some useful insight, who knows. I live in St. John, IN., about 30 miles southeast of Chicago. Just far enough away from the city to clear ones head, but close enough for work and play. At this very moment I'm at my office in Steger, IL., which is about 15 miles south of Chicago's south city limit. I expect to move out west a couple years from now, probably AZ. Will wander the desert and cleanse my soul. :D

#13     Apr 22, 2010
  4. I am in Baltimore, MD. And I can confirm CaptainObvious is telling the truth :)

#14     Apr 22, 2010
  5. I don't know why you even began such an invasive search of IP addresses for political purposes.

Baron has never stated that this is a "American web site" and I think he is eager to get ET members from all nations on earth. Good for business.

What is bad is a conservative like you abusing your moderator privileges to spy on IP address to use to attack those who do not agree with the conservative politics.

I am pretty sure that at least in spirit that you have abused the terms of service of ET by your spying and then trying to use that information to advance your own political agenda...

p.s. I have taken screen shots of the opening post just in case this thread suddenly disappears. I have also complained in the feedback section.

#15     Apr 22, 2010
  6. Take all the screen shots you want. I never said it was an American only site. I never said anything at all politically motivated. I asked a question, that's all. Are you upset of what the data revealed or something?

Joe has no problem with this, as no privacy whatsoever was compromised. You may, of course, complain and whine all you like, however.

I don't mind.

#16     Apr 22, 2010
  7. Pull down your skirt.....

#17     Apr 22, 2010
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Rather mundane reasons that spring to mind:

English speaking.
    Proximity access to US based media.
    Business in the US marketplace.
    Significant free time.

#18     Apr 22, 2010
  9. BTW... I hated Bush too! We likely wouldn't have had to deal with Obama's shit if Bush hadn't been such a self-serving, power hungry TURD!

#19     Apr 22, 2010
  10. I see this thread as a rational, reasonable question being asked by Ivan. Why do foreigners care so much about US politics?

Come on guys, this is an easy answer...
    USA is the most influential country on the face of the Earth. It's policies have a direct impact on arguably every other country. To ignore USA politics is to ignore potential risks or opportunities in everyone's own country. It's a no-brainer. If any other country was as big and influential as the USA, the rest of the world would be following THEIR politics. It has nothing to do with obsession over USA politics, and everything to do with obsession over the world leader's politics.

Furthermore, speaking as a Canadian living in Canada, we share many of the same television programs, most of which are American. These television programs CONSTANTLY are jamming USA politics down everyone's throat, so it is impossible to ignore.

Why are foreigners fascinated with USA politics? Simple answer: we have to be.

#20     Apr 22, 2010